WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Though 99 does workshops, I did a 40 minute presentation and answered questions.

My wife does workshops as well. She's a certified trainer.

And mine are usually 1-2 hours long with young people, depending on the request of the agency or community partner.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. My G4 while at the GF's decided it hated T-Mobile and kept disconnecting from the network - both calls and data. Gonna grab a new sim card to see if that'll do the trick...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree wholly with you. I believe in education and think people should educate themselves as much as possible (the debate of how good the school system is being another topic altogether) but I think people should peruse things that suit them and not feel pressured to go to university or college to get degrees 'just because'.

In Canada, Australia and here in the UK, many seek out degrees because they've been told by the media, parents and schools that without a degree you're a failure of some sort. Not in those words but that's the impression. There's been this neglect of vocational subjects for some time and it's really sad. There's nothing wrong with trade jobs and they pay a lot better than most people think.

Not to mention that schools turning into nothing more than degree machines is pretty sad as well. I know lots of colleges and universities are heading that way. Cancelling certain degrees because they're not supposedly 'valued'.

I was seeing this when I was in college and I won't lie, it made me very disinterested. I can only imagine how much worse it has gotten.

Just goes to show you that we all cannot be lawyers, business owners, doctors, and the other high flash positions. There are some crane operator and plumbers out there making great money that some of these lawyers won't ever see. But hey, that's post modern society for you, I guess...

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The people in the house who were selling it and smoking it got evicted yesterday, I think.

If so I I'm happy they're gone.

I got neighbors who smoke so much pot the moment they open their door you can smell it. It hits you in the face

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Forget that. I guess I'm used to doing things on the spot instead of practicing and practicing. The more I practice the more I think I'll forget something important.

You don't memorise training. :p

Typically there's a training program written by the person doing the training and you follow that through the training. There's time schedule and what you're covering on the day. Your training needs to be geared towards the people you're training as well.

If you're doing a powerpoint presentation you have presenter notes available to cue you about what you're going to say.

It's sometimes good to wing it but you should have an idea of what you'll be saying, even if you wrote it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was seeing this when I was in college and I won't lie, it made me very disinterested. I can only imagine how much worse it has gotten.

Just goes to show you that we all cannot be lawyers, business owners, doctors, and the other high flash positions. There are some crane operator and plumbers out there making great money that some of these lawyers won't ever see. But hey, that's post modern society for you, I guess...

G4 Approved

Since I've worked in various positions in life and because I'm in engineering and have seen different processes we often ignore the little things that make our lives easier and we forget that even though there's a level of automation behind those things there's also people required to keep things ticking.

All is good so long as you have water to drink and your waste goes somewhere.

I believe when waste removal employees go on strike is when people start to realise how important they are. Same goes for any 'service' we tend to ignore on a daily basis.

I don't believe in 'little people' as the rich tend to think of them and look down their noses at them. We're all human and those little people's jobs are probably more important than theirs 80% of the time...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This has been a long day. Too damn tired to think straight really.

In other news I'm still having issues with my crap internet at home. I can't believe that it's so bad. Sigh.

Also I'm really annoyed how horrible W10 handles a NAS. I had to go static IP so that if I ever loose internet or need to restart it (happened a few times in the last while) it doesn't end up with a different IP address rendering it useless and needing to remap the drives.

It was so much easier with W7 and W8. I have no idea why it's got so difficult with W10. I feel sorry for anyone without some knowledge in networks wanting to have home network storage. W10 has messed it up for simplicity. It looks like NAS suppliers need to work out a way to make things easier instead of it being native to the OS. No more DCHP... :/

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Forget that. I guess I'm used to doing things on the spot instead of practicing and practicing. The more I practice the more I think I'll forget something important.

The reverse happens. The more you practice, the more it builds confidence and you remember important things.

G4 Approved

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The reverse happens. The more you practice, the more it builds confidence and you remember importsnt things.

G4 Approved

Practice should make perfect but for Sahib it makes for confusion... there's something in that somewhere...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Since I've worked in various positions in life and because I'm in engineering and have seen different processes we often ignore the little things that make our lives easier and we forget that even though there's a level of automation behind those things there's also people required to keep things ticking.

I believe when waste removal employees go on strike is when people start to realise how important they are. Same goes for any 'service' we tend to ignore on a daily basis.

I don't believe in 'little people' as the rich tend to think of them and look down their noses at them. We're all human and those little people's jobs are probably more important than theirs 80% of the time...

The little people make the world go round. I have the same level of respect for the sanitation worker as I do for astrophysicists (the only folks I don't care for are politrickians).

Contemporary society loves too much flash and high end stuff. It annoys me to no end...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm a sanitation worker at work today...cleaning up messes that colleagues have made. Sigh...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The little people make the world go round. I have the same level of respect for the sanitation worker as I do for astrophysicists (the only folks I don't care for are politrickians).

Contemporary society loves too much flash and high end stuff. It annoys me to no end...

G4 Approved

Politicians and clergy, I have time for neither.

You can add lawyers and accountants into that if you like. I personally think accounting is evil...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Finals starting tomorrow, writing essay about Ana Karenina and one other Slovene book. I'm nervous, hope it goes well, currently I have hadache and no idea what should I be revising.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Reminds me of Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club...

(A quote from the book)

Fight Club said:
Remember this. The people you're trying to step on, we're everyone you depend on. We're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you. We process your insurance claims and credit card charges. We control every part of your life.

We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won't. And we're just learning this fact. So don't f#%k with us.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm a sanitation worker at work today...cleaning up messes that colleagues have made. Sigh...

G4 Approved

When I used to be a program manager running a huge R&D program, the saying was that you are basically the person that offers up people TP to wipe their posteriors....nothing is too low to get the program to move forward....I am glad I am not in that role or the company anymore!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

When I used to be a program manager running a huge R&D program, the saying was that you are basically the person that offers up people TP to wipe their posteriors....nothing is too low to get the program to move forward....I am glad I am not in that role or the company anymore!

But when you have to clean up after people who think they're the ****, but in reality don't know ****, it gets to be a very ****ty job...especially when you're underpaid...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I went XL!

Hmmm...it is compact for a 5.7", not that much bigger than the G4. We'll see how this goes...

G4 Approved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes