WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Agreed. Of the recent devices I've tried, the G4 and the Maxx have come the closest...maybe for my tastes the Maxx moreso than the G4.

It's always what you're looking for and willing to put up with...just like anything else in life...

G4 Approved

I am there with you but I also try to weigh my compromises with the amount of money a device costs...and that is the reason I can't seem to find anything that really sticks. So I sit by on the sidelines with my 640 sampling everything that comes along my way...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Too, too expensive... I think of all the 2016 models so far, this is the one that I like the most. Still, there's something about the G5 that I like too. People are writing it off, and I think incorrectly so...

G4 Approved

I like the G5 but I like the HTC 10 a tad bit better...the 950 is still proving to be a bit elusive...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am there with you but I also try to weigh my compromises with the amount of money a device costs...and that is the reason I can't seem to find anything that really sticks. So I sit by on the sidelines with my 640 sampling everything that comes along my way...

Agreed. LG will be pissed this year, but the G5 will be like the G4 last year - great value for money at the right price point.

The Mi 5 is a good option too if you don't mind HSPA speeds...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the G5 but I like the HTC 10 a tad bit better...the 950 is still proving to be a bit elusive...

Agreed 100%. The feel in hand of the G5 isn't as bad as people say. Because I wouldn't change my battery as much, I'm not worried about the modular piece of things.

Still, I'm looking forward to holding a HTC 10 in stores...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So summer is unofficially here...

And yes, I bought this from the Hispanic old man I always talked about. Good to see him again.

G4 Approved

Attachments

• 15753.jpg
    15753.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. LG will be pissed this year, but the G5 will be like the G4 last year - great value for money at the right price point.

The Mi 5 is a good option too if you don't mind HSPA speeds...

G4 Approved

The Moto X Force is a nice get, but for the price you can get the bigger but cheaper X 2015.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I popped in a Subway restaurant to get the sandwich of the day today and I saw something very interesting. Cashier was sporting a TAG Heuer smartwatch. Looks really good in person. Still a little too expensive for my taste, but again very nice looking watch.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haven't been in this hangout spot in a few years, actually. It always is interesting just to see how a city changes...old buildings fall, new buildings, current ones get renovated. Old businesses close, new ones open...green spaces emerge, green spaces get replaced by expensive properties.

Yes, even amidst this mix of concrete, glass and metal, there still is an organic feel to things. NYC, is not unlike any other sprawling city in that way, but indeed it is its own animal most times...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

The irony is no device quite has it all. The 6S Plus has stellar camera, awesome battery life but size is bulky for a 5.5" screen, no wireless or quick charging, slippery as an eel and software is okay. The S7 has stellar camera, good battery life, great size but needs a case (fingerprint magnet and slippery as an eel) and software is a fustercluck!

I guess it is always going to come down to the lowest amount of compromises...decisions, decisions or also known as #firstworldproblems!
The 6S Plus (and the regular 6/6S) have quick charging. You just use a 2.1A/12W iPad charger instead of the standard 1A/5W charger that comes with the iPhone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The 6S Plus (and the regular 6/6S) have quick charging. You just use a 2.1A/12W iPad charger instead of the standard 1A/5W charger that comes with the iPhone.

Apple needs a better approach to screen to body ratio while maintaining the iconic look...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Can charge a completely drained phone in 2 hours with this method.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Apple needs a better approach to screen to body ratio while maintaining the iconic look...

G4 Approved
I don't think it's all that bad, but like you mentioned a while back, maybe once they ditch the home button (if Jobs had his way), they'd be able to appease the bezelphobes lol

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Too, too expensive... I think of all the 2016 models so far, this is the one that I like the most. Still, there's something about the G5 that I like too. People are writing it off, and I think incorrectly so...

G4 Approved
About G5, maybe we are just weird for liking what other people hate.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yes, but it requires you to have drunk the Apple Kool Aid and splurged even more $$ to buy an iPad to go along with your iPhone....

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

This is a pretty cool Rube Goldberg machine made out of marbles and magnets. (And little wooden planks)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra