WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I guess it's a bit worse in England than in other countries, traffic wise. They don't pause at winter, so you're stuck with that traffic untill summer :winktongue:
Just imagine what it's like in Germany where they have the biggest turn ups on games in Europe.
I live in the second most dense populace place in England. The football park is about 1/2 mile or 1km from where I live. The fans are very fanatical and you can hear the crowds from miles away. Especially on a nice day.

The roads are very busy here typically. Add in the football crowd and the going to the seafront crowd and things get out of hand.

I was mostly annoyed because it was on a week day. It's usually a Saturday. Getting home is a long enough journey without the added traffic. That's all.

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Great review Sahib. Now I don't know how things are with the 950, I'll believe you on this one, but the audio quality on headphones is more than great on my 640. I have a cheap 15$ headphones and the music sounded equally good, or maybe a bit better than on S6.

I cant say much about the 640 since I don't play with my fathers phone. What I do know is Lumia phones have always lacked in audio quality using headphones :/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

HTC almost nailed it this year with the HTC 10 this year...it's a little too expensive. I do like it though...fondled one in the Verizon store and was very impressed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

HTC almost nailed it this year with the HTC 10 this year...it's a little too expensive. I do like it though...fondled one in the Verizon store and was very impressed.

Having said that, i love how the 10 feels in hand. The G5 feels, so-so, in comparison. Still, my preferences are in order: HTC 10, G5, S7. The carbon paint job on the 10 looks good, but I'd be fine going Oakland Raiders with the silver and black front paired with my 360 2014...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Having said that, i love how the 10 feels in hand. The G5 feels, so-so, in comparison. Still, my preferences are in order: HTC 10, G5, S7. The carbon paint job on the 10 looks good, but I'd be fine going Oakland Raiders with the silver and black front paired with my 360 2014...
The 10 is the nicest phone from HTC in quite some time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The 10 is the nicest phone from HTC in quite some time.

Agreed 100%. I think the G5 is really nice though. I'd certainly use one, but the 10 feels better in hand, has the better audio by far. I think cameras are a awash though.

Good for HTC, bad for LG...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like htc might have a fighting chance against the s7 this year

They won't. They'll be as close as they were with the M7 vs the S4. But if they can adjust the prices right, they'll sell some...which would be very good for them.

LG picked the wrong year to go beta with their concept...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm headed to work to support the teen peer educators for their workshop today.

So...my group did OK. They were OK for a first time workshop and given the low show rate, and the fact they were the first group up, I liked what they did. Certain things didn't sit well with me leading up to today, and those things reared their ugly head (falls on my supervisor).

I had to pinch hit in clinic today and see a few patients because of a situation where a minor needed to be taken to the ER and my colleague scheduled to be in clinic needed to transport her.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

They won't. They'll be as close as they were with the M7 vs the S4. But if they can adjust the prices right, they'll sell some...which would be very good for them.

LG picked the wrong year to go beta with their concept...

At least LG is trying something that no other OEM is trying. I'll give them props for that

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

At least LG is trying something that no other OEM is trying. I'll give them props for that

Trying something new isn't bad. The devil is always in the execution. I don't think the G5 is bad, per se, but when I pick up the HTC 10 in comparison, the phone both looks the part and feels like it performs the part too.

I think LG is onto something but may have to take a hit this year with the G5. They should have talked up the camera and not the modularity...simply because their modules are very beta. And expensive. And hard to get. WTF?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...I continued the experiment today using the band 2 and the XL.

My findings are: this is not a good match in terms of power efficiency. Not by a long shot. While I don't think Android Wear is THAT much better than what OS the band 2 runs on, for my needs it's a lot better thought out and executed. So while I like the XL and band 2 as separate items, they don't pair up well for me. My guess it's moreso how Windows is managing Bluetooth these days than anything else from a power standpoint.

So the band 2 is on the way out come next week. Without the gas guzzling Bluetooth, the battery life on the XL seems similar to the m8...which means I'll charge it nightly. Could I go back to Windows as my daily driver? Yes, if I focus solely on the camera, size screen and good cell radios for data and calls, along with reading articles for school off the screen. I would use a watch with it...either my 360 in flight mode solely as a watch, or my Citizen's Eco Drive. I just have to use it like a phone instead of having the convenience of notifications on my wrist.

The new build had been helpful battery life wise, I think...but it's only still so-so. Not as disappointed as last time, but still somewhat disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes