WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I mean for 2016 what is your favorite phone overall?

So far I like the HTC 10, then the G5 and the Xiaomi Mi5. I respect the Samsung S7 line, but am not interested in them.

Not holding out any hope for the new "Moto" or Xperia phones. Curious to see what the Note 6 looks like...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's been a while since I've did a serious posting stretch here...so here goes, i guess...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here's a very interesting watch for folks: American Greed.

This is one of those shows where they profile high end fraud cases. Sometimes the fraudsters are caught, sometimes they flee. It is very interesting simply because of both the greed of the fraudsters and some of the victims in some of these cases.

Goes to show you how much money is here in the US that gets taken and wasted... especially in the face of people who really need assistance...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll keep the Maxx around for a while longer if it doesn't sell this week. If it does, I'll try to get me a 5X to get me through the rest of the year until a G5 or HTC 10 becomes within my reach. Even though both a really nice and the new phone itch is prominent, at least i have the option to swap into my XL and use that.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My long, seemingly arduous electronic decluttering is almost over. All being well by Tuesday I'll be down to just the Maxx, XL and 360 (2014)...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here's a very interesting watch for folks: American Greed.

This is one of those shows where they profile high end fraud cases. Sometimes the fraudsters are caught, sometimes they flee. It is very interesting simply because of both the greed of the fraudsters and some of the victims in some of these cases.

Goes to show you how much money is here in the US that gets taken and wasted... especially in the face of people who really need assistance...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I saw one episode today where a woman as a comptroller for a small town pilfered $54 million over 20+ years in order to become a high level horse race trainer and breeder...that's just simply unbelievable...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll keep the Maxx around for a while longer if it doesn't sell this week. If it does, I'll try to get me a 5X to get me through the rest of the year until a G5 or HTC 10 becomes within my reach. Even though both a really nice and the new phone itch is prominent, at least i have the option to swap into my XL and use that.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I'm looking at Google I/O and they were saying that none of the new devices at the start of this year will have seamless updates ability. This makes me curious as to how the next round of Nexus devices will be.

That's the curse of Google's Android..."open platform, consistency amongst OEMs updating their hardware with current software is still hard to find..."

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw one episode today where a woman as a comptroller for a small town pilfered $54 million over 20+ years in order to become a high level horse race trainer and breeder...that's just simply unbelievable...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I saw another one where the fraudsters were Russian and they fled. The jig was up and when people came looking for their money, the fraudsters literally abandoned their house with the front door open. They made off with millions.

People will take any opportunity possible to scam people here. You always have to keep your head on a swivel...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For a the great grief folks give New Yorkers, we're a pretty good bunch of folks. It's that rough and rugged, smart and sophisticated, diverse and talented, caring and yet fair all mixed in together in a weird way that makes us unique. As damn expensive and unsustainable living here is, there really is no place like NYC...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think a baker's dozen worth of posts in a row is good enough...now it's someone else's turn...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I saw another one where the fraudsters were Russian and they fled. The jig was up and when people came looking for their money, the fraudsters literally abandoned their house with the front door open. They made off with millions.

People will take any opportunity possible to scam people here. You always have to keep your head on a swivel...

Posted via Moto Maxx
There's questions being raised here in the London housing market about how many homes are owned by fraudsters. It's apparently a big issue but not one the government is tackling really well...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Was supposed to be off today.. Wait, I was supposed to be off for the next two days in a row...

But now I'm working both days!
Become a celebrity chef and get other people to do things.

Ed the guitar playing chef. Cooking with other guitar greats. I can see the cooking book and TV show now...

Cooking book and TV show title:

Ed Boland's Fast Fingerings Food Rifts

A guitar solo for your mouth.

I'll take 10% for the idea.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

First day driving the new car to work. It will be interesting to see what the economy is like.

The car has some get up and go for a diesel.

It's got a really odd gearbox for an automatic.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've always been a big fan of Rush. One thing on the web that cracked me up was an article about "How to get a Geddy Lee bass sound" . It mentioned gathering all the gear, tuning the bass, etc. However the final paragraph said that the key was lots of practice and said, "Geddy plays hard. The key to his sound is a heavy right hand attack."

https://youtu.be/F179XHVn8S8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon