WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As for a slightly lighter topic, I read an interesting article on Android Authority yesterday.

It’s not you, it’s your Android: confession of singles with iPhones

tl;dr if you can't/don't want to click: Apparently people dating other people, care about the kind of the phone they have. Note that this info is from the US but still.

Quotes to sum it up:

According to the data, iPhone users are 21 times more likely to judge you negatively for having an Android device. But the feeling is mutual, it seems. Android users are 15 times more likely to judge you negatively for being an iPhone owner.
And for those of you who aren’t too keen on updating your device every year or two? Tough luck. Whether you have an iPhone or an Android, having an old model makes you 56 percent less likely to get a date, according to the survey....The usual assumption is that the inability to upgrade your device after two years equates to financial instability.

Of course the comment section is interesting, and I shared my thoughts, but seriously?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's not as weird as you think. I know of several women who don't want kids. My wife being one. :)

I understand the pressures that are put on married women and men to have children. Some communities are have more pressure than others due to cultural or religious reasons.

There has been big pushes in media about 'motherhood' (especially) being some great accomplishment and I get that being a parent is a tough job these days but popping out a kid is no great accomplishment it's been happening for millennia. Getting it to be quiet at restaurant.. .now that's an accomplishment.

I do have very unflattering opinions about parenting I have to admit...
I never had any children, nor did I want any.

That wouldn't be an issue anymore at my age, and if I were to get married, it would be to someone who either doesn't have children or his children are adults by now.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

As for a slightly lighter topic, I read an interesting article on Android Authority yesterday.

It’s not you, it’s your Android: confession of singles with iPhones

tl;dr if you can't/don't want to click: Apparently people dating other people, care about the kind of the phone they have. Note that this info is from the US but still.

Quotes to sum it up:

Of course the comment section is interesting, and I shared my thoughts, but seriously?

That somewhat makes sense. One girl actually noticed me for having a Widows phone, that is both of us had the 640s. Unfortunately I managed to avoide that one too. It's unfortunate 'case she's pretty much the prettiest girl in school, soo...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That somewhat makes sense. One girl actually noticed me for having a Widows phone, that is both of us had the 640s. Unfortunately I managed to avoide that one too. It's unfortunate 'case she's pretty much the prettiest girl in school, soo...

That's really cool! I find people who have phones that aren't iOS or Android a little more interesting. I don't know how common Windows Phone is where you are but it's very uncommon in the US. To date, I have only met one guy who had a 640 XL about a year ago and another gal I see at work sometimes had a 640 too.

Edit: I switch between the three OSes so kind of having a superiority complex over someone using one or the other is laughable.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm all up for having kids, securing the survival of specie etc. On the other hand, there's already too many of us on the planet, so having less kids wouldn't be such a bad idea, lol.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That's really cool! I find people who have phones that aren't iOS or Android a little more interesting. I don't know how common Windows Phone is where you are but it's very uncommon in the US. To date, I have only met one guy who had a 640 XL about a year ago and another gal I see at work sometimes had a 640 too.

Edit: I switch between the three OSes so kind of having a superiority complex over someone using one or the other is laughable.

It's not that common here either. But I've seen ones from time to time. The girl I mentioned has a Windows phone, one of my closest friends has an old 920 (she actually had it way before we got ours WPs), a bartender at our pub has a 650 and my Latin professor has a 950. Interesting thing about the professor, she actually had a 920 as well, but it got broken somehow while she still had a warranty, and it was apparently not her fault, she was given a malfunctioning device and since they had no more 920s in stock she got a 950. She asked me if she should complain or not, I just told her to keep quite :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Why is this Outlook so complicated. Why couldn't they make it simple just like Google's mail. I've changed my Live name and photo, but I can't change the Outlook details, at least I can't find the place to do it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I've come to a very interesting conclusion... Slipknot is like a harder version of Nine Inch Nails... I know some people would look at that and go 'what?' but that's what I get out of it. Nine Inch Nails is not really that hard, in general.

Haven't really listened to Nine Inch Nails, but I'll take your for word for it.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So I have a right name set on my Outlook, but when I send emails a different name and photo are used. Just why is this. Why is it so confusing.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

And I can't contact support now. This is just wonderful.

AcL3KNk.png

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

This has to be some kind of bug. Everything is properly changed, I'm just going to give up trying.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I still think Broken was the best NIN album, but here a a couple of good songs...

NIN: Wish
https://youtu.be/kuoFiIFkdAA
Oh, and here is a link to my AMV (Anime Music Video) page... There is a link to the AMV I did for Wish on that page: http://www.sinime.com/animevideos/index.htm

NIN: Perfect Drug
https://youtu.be/sSLqeZzTU8I

I missed your post, sorry. The first one isn't really my thing, but the second one sounds much better. Kind of reminds me of Korn.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Rue, now that I've listened to Nine Inch Nails, I just can't understand how did you manage to connect Slipknot to them :D. Slipknot's far, far more brutal than these guys, and vocals are like two different worlds.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Rue, now that I've listened to Nine Inch Nails, I just can't understand how did you manage to connect Slipknot to them :D. Slipknot's far, far more brutal than these guys, and vocals are like two different worlds.

NIN is actually just one guy. However he does hire people for live performances.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

NIN is actually just one guy. However he does hire people for live performances.

Really? Didn't know that. Then that's another difference, Slipknot is actually 9 members, a lot more obviously :D.

NN could be something like Burzum when it comes to group members, it's just one guy. Though Burzum had never had any live performances or whatsoever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon