WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Not sure if I have given any recent updates on my status...

So we got the France property contract, signed and sent back... all 130+ pages. We found out that the old couple that used to live there had 13 kids! :shocked: The sell of the house is under power of attorney. The father had died and the mother is in a nursing home.

Our property in the UK is still moving along. Not much to report other than we're now just waiting for the house searches to complete.

Our France bank is asking for more information for the mortgage as it's taken a while to get the contract from the lawyer but that should be straight forward hopefully.

Once the mortgage is approved we'll move on to the next stage which is setting our definite move date.

Currently that's Nov 28th. :)

Yay! Congrats on that massive step!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, well, well.
Looks like TMO did some house keeping over the weekend.
I have full signal at my desk.
Hell has officially frozen over!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sorry for being incommunicado over the weekend.
Had a minor incident at home and ended up spending a lot of time at the ER.
Wife decided to ride the kid's scooter and that definitely didn't go too well for her!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wife decided to ride the kid's scooter and that definitely didn't go too well for her!

Oh no :( Glad to hear that she is ok.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is my company's stance currently. There's a push to be 'innovative'. Which I find hysterical considering we're using outdated software and old PCs. Not to mention that they profit from it and all you get is a pat on the back and lame thank you... no thanks.

If there's one thing that's certain, critical thinking and innovation is not ingrained from birth, one look at society is all it take for anyone to verify this. Both can be and should be taught. Unfortunately the schooling process doesn't allow time for it and I could see parents complaining about it sadly.

I think the movie 'Dead Poets Society' should be recommended viewing in schools. Never before has school, parenting and society been shown more bare.
Agreed. It's the one gripe I had in my old department with leadership there...and why they never wanted to offer me promotions. I saw that all they wanted to do was throw stuff on the wall and saw what stuck and swoop in to take credit for it.

So I used to do what they asked and never gave them any new ideas.

It's just a lack of trust that doesn't help matters.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I love the in hand feel of the Mi Note 2. I do love the heft of the V20, but I tell you that if the V30 has a similar in hand feel as the Mi Note 2, it'll be very interesting...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if I have given any recent updates on my status...

So we got the France property contract, signed and sent back... all 130+ pages. We found out that the old couple that used to live there had 13 kids! :shocked: The sell of the house is under power of attorney. The father had died and the mother is in a nursing home.

Our property in the UK is still moving along. Not much to report other than we're now just waiting for the house searches to complete.

Our France bank is asking for more information for the mortgage as it's taken a while to get the contract from the lawyer but that should be straight forward hopefully.

Once the mortgage is approved we'll move on to the next stage which is setting our definite move date.

Currently that's Nov 28th. :)

Fingers crossed. Things are moving along slowly but surely for you!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I love the in hand feel of the Mi Note 2. I do love the heft of the V20, but I tell you that if the V30 has a similar in hand feel as the Mi Note 2, it'll be very interesting...

I am pretty sure the V30 is closer to the Mi Note 2 in terms of feel in hand, weight, size etc. Here is a quick comparison:

Mi Note 2
Dimensions (mm)
151.80 x 75.50 x 7.70
Weight (g)
Battery capacity (mAh)

LG V30
Dimensions (mm)
151.70 x 75.40 x 7.30
Weight (g)
Battery capacity (mAh)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Because I'm being more conservative with my Bluetooth usage in the interim, I'm test driving the Mi Note 2 today with the new update. Honestly, it makes me want to go with the XL, but I may rotate devices.

I'm curious to how it will go for you.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It's a happy Windows Mobile day today. While our power was restored over the weekend, AT&T hasn't gotten around to fixing DSL yet. We had to get some time-critical emails out and since none of the desktops have Wi-Fi cards, it was Continuum to the rescue.

Part 2 of the happy day is that I finally got my Fitbit Blaze working properly with all my chosen apps sending notifications. 🤣

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Yikes! I hope she's feeling better.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am pretty sure the V30 is closer to the Mi Note 2 in terms of feel in hand, weight, size etc. Here is a quick comparison:

Mi Note 2
Dimensions (mm)
151.80 x 75.50 x 7.70
Weight (g)
Battery capacity (mAh)

LG V30
Dimensions (mm)
151.70 x 75.40 x 7.30
Weight (g)
Battery capacity (mAh)
Numbers look good. I'll tell you what, for a phone that heavy, the Mi Note 2 has nice balance...it's almost as heavy as the 920 but not as chunky feeling.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious to how it will go for you.
It's been ok. It's akin to wearing a Wear watch that's synced to a different phone so you leave it in flight mode to save battery and not be stupid.

What just sucks is knowing that people can walk around with their Apple devices and not worry about this at all since Apple has a patch. Just annoying...it really is.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, I went browsing in Best Buy today and here are my thoughts:

1) My mitts are too big. Lol. You'll see why in a second.

2) Note 8 is nice. I can use it one handed comfortably because of how narrow it is and the size of my mitts. While I'm not a fan of the fingerprint scanner placement, I could reach it without minimal issues with either finger in either hand.

3) S8 Active is... OK. But I can see why someone would like it.

4) S8+...again, one handed use isn't an issue for me...thumbs can cover all corners of the display comfortably due to how narrow it is. Like the tweaks Samsung made for the fingerprint scanner placement on the Note 8 making it easier to find.

5) To my surprise...I love the Essential Phone's...DESIGN. Clean. Minimal. Industrial. Modern. It feels compact in hand too. Same size as a Axon 7 mini but with more screen. Smaller slightly than a G5 but with more screen. God love it. If this was my old days where I didn't mind using Bluetooth headsets, or a ****ty camera, I'd be all over it. The screen is nice. I can see where viewing outdoors can be tricky...but the phone gets props from me for the design and lack of cruft on it.

Software is bare bones, man. Reminds me of a Slim ROM where there nothing on it.

So why would I skip the Essential Phone? Camera, no headphone jack, no wireless charging, and I don't like the price for what they're asking for. For $450, I'd love to root and ROM this...but as it stands, nope. Honestly, the Pixel 128GB still beats the Essential Phone on software and camera by a country mile.

Still, #datdesignthough...top 3 so far in 2017 for design in my book.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Putting the Mi Note 2 vs the Essential Phone and S8+/Note 8 makes the Xiaomi feel old. And it's not a bad looking design either. I'm curious to see how the Mi Mix 2 looks, 99...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes