WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You do know that the Pixel 2 is slightly larger than the original Pixel in every dimension except weight, right?

Yep, I know. Since it is slight, it should be fine. What I mean by hoping that it works for me is having the phones work out for what I usually do with my phone, along with what I really care about the most in a phone.

I have concerns about both phones when it comes to certain things, but we will see how these things play out.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, yeah, Google released some phones. Just what we need. More expensive smartphones on the market. Yay!

I still don't like the look of the Pixel. So no interest at all.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

...so much like all the gloom and doom in WC.
Minutes away from darkness, gonna find me some recalcitrant replicants

GaqAcE6.jpg

... !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So, yeah, Google released some phones. Just what we need. More expensive smartphones on the market. Yay!

To be fair, thinking this way saves you money. I'm glad to have another small phone option though. Not pleased about them removing the headphone jack after mocking Apple for doing it last year.

Not dissing the Sony, I will be trying that first. I'm excited for it, as it checks most boxes of mine from what I have read.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm not fond of the appearance, the lack of the headphone jack, or the lack of the microSD card slot.

I'm not getting the V30, since I've only had the V20 for 2 months, and I have extra batteries for it. I prefer having a removable battery rather than having water resistance, since I'm a heavy user but not outdoors.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LG frustrates me.

I went to the AT&T and Verizon wireless stores to see the V30 and none were ready for display. I'll look at it next week.

I suppose I'm just annoyed at Android in general due to how software updates are handled. iOS isn't a better option and Windows is like Trump's hair - just there and outdated.

Just nothing out as a complete package I'm interested in. That's a damn shame.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LG frustrates me.

I went to the AT&T and Verizon wireless stores to see the V30 and none were ready for display. I'll look at it next week.

I suppose I'm just annoyed at Android in general due to how software updates are handled. iOS isn't a better option and Windows is like Trump's hair - just there and outdated.

I did how the VZW reps chatted me though. One guy owned a V20 and was talking about how one LG rep don't let him see the V30. We were talking about how good the video recording was. A great conversation indeed.

The T-Mobile rep was like "it's preorder only". The AT&T rep was "we don't have it yet". If I was buying it based on experience alone, looks like VZW would have won me over.

Good thing I don't give a **** about that and don't buy phones from the regular user's perspective. Still, I appreciated how much better VZW reps were in that moment.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

LG frustrates me.

That's disappointing that there wasn't any on display. Hopefully soon. Yeah software updates are a mess for the most part. Even iOS is messy at the moment.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

LG frustrates me.

I was at an AT&T store as well, and they didn't have the V30.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

You know I'm going to ask what I'm about to ask.
What made you decide to go back? What happened to the new iPhone 8?

Also congrats!
The iPhone is in purgatory. It really boiled down to PIM. Outlook is simply superior on Windows. Contact management can be frustrating too. It is nice to have all these apps but I don't use them nearly enough to outweigh the daily pluses WM provides. Oh and the battery life.

I might return it and keep an SE for weekend use. I don't answer email on weekends and my boss uses a flip phone and doesn't even have an email address. My secretary's email (and mine) are his de-facto addresses. Smart man, I have mad respect for a business owner that doesn't compromise on face-to-face communication. I'm not sure he knows how to text either.

Anyhoo, when the day comes I will shift to iOS. They're so close now. I wish they weren't so stubborn about mouse support though. Their Remote Desktop app is much better than Android but the inability to use a mouse and keyboard defeats the purpose of having x86 capabilities on a phone (or tablet). That's another reason for my switch, albeit a secondary reason.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon