WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My relationship with iOS 11 has ended. I'm back to 10 on my 6. And i want a new Android phone with MirrorLink and ANT+

I don't blame you. I don't know what happened but iOS 11 seems to be a mess. Even people who are quick to upgrade have downgraded back to iOS 10.

Apparently Apple decided to resign 10.3.3 only for the 6s, which is telling imo.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't blame you. I don't know what happened but iOS 11 seems to be a mess. Even people who are quick to upgrade have downgraded back to iOS 10.

Apparently Apple decided to resign 10.3.3 only for the 6s, which is telling imo.
I don't know why updates work for some and are dreadful for others. My iPhone 8 works flawlessly but it's riding a new CPU that was optimized for this version. Fine, I get that. But my iPad Mini is the 3rd gen and it runs as well as the iPhone. Maybe better. The short time I spent with the SE was also uneventful.

Am I just that lucky?

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't know why updates work for some and are dreadful for others. My iPhone 8 works flawlessly but it's riding a new CPU that was optimized for this version. Fine, I get that. But my iPad Mini is the 3rd gen and it runs as well as the iPhone. Maybe better. The short time I spent with the SE was also uneventful.

Am I just that lucky?

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
You might be. I'm good staying parked on 10.3.3. After all, I recently decided to update from iOS 9.3.5 on my SE. I didn't want to but some of my apps became buggy.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ah, right after I posted that, my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact was delivered. A part of me wants to get it during my break but another part of me is saying that it makes more sense to get the non-perishable groceries I need to get so that I can watch the game (which starts at 4pm). I'll miss an hour and a bit because I'm at work and the commute to go home.

The struggle of when both of the things you are into collide...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's been exhausting but I have managed to whittle down my stock of devices to Mi Mix 2 and Pixel.

I also have two Chinese devices but don't know (am not really sure) what's the best mechanism to get rid of them. One is the red Elephone P8 and another one is the Oukitel K10000 Pro.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I twice to the TMO store and also twice to the VZW store.
No V30 yet to play with.
I might go to the ATT store tomorrow and see if I am lucky.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's been exhausting but I have managed to whittle down my stock of devices to Mi Mix 2 and Pixel.

I also have two Chinese devices but don't know (am not really sure) what's the best mechanism to get rid of them. One is the red Elephone P8 and another one is the Oukitel K10000 Pro.
Wow you're on a roll! Hmm as for the other two, that's tricky.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations to being down to your two temporary devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It feels oddly reassuring to hear that from Microsoft, even if it wasn't a press announcement.

This whole thing of being up in the air has been annoying.
There's nothing oddly reassuring there. They killed Windows 10 from the time WP8.1 was launched.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Pixel has lasted longer than your current crop of devices but thanks for your wishes.
You're welcome. It would appear the Pixel has finally made it in your HOF. It's a nice phone...I've thought about getting one a few times but the lack of manual controls for the camera and a few minor quibbles such as that damn price kept me away.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Sim tray was a struggle to get out and fit into the XZ1 Compact.

The cameras are actually similar with the Galaxy A3 (I'll have to check out that spec sheet for both phones) in low light play tests but the color isn't great. In a twisted way, the color of the A3 is similar to the Pixel but the details are the same for both the XZ1 Compact and the A3.

Speed and size is great though. I don't know what to do. Returning it takes a hit but I might take it. Wow.

It's like the XZ1 Compact is the ideal pairing of performance and size together but then the camera is I dunno.

Edit: I just remembered the Google Camera port. Since this has a 835 processor, it should work. Going to give that a try.

Edit 2: No luck, keeps crashing. Hmm back to the drawing board I guess. Let me try something for someone and then I would think about what I should do.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You're welcome. It would appear the Pixel has finally made it in your HOF. It's a nice phone...I've thought about getting one a few times but the lack of manual controls for the camera and a few minor quibbles such as that damn price kept me away.
It's one of my favorite devices from this last year. Manual controls don't bother me. I wish it had better zoom capabilities sometimes.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I like that on the Mi Mix 2 I get to use the older Tapatalk version instead of the newer clunkier version that I am stuck with on my Pixel.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Would it be possible for you to post a side by side picture of your three Android devices? Front and back?
Thanks in advance.
Ah I wish that I saw this earlier. Sure, I'll try to do that soon. I'll just need some good lighting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes