WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There's two establishments I don't miss right there.

Olive Garden is about as close to Italian cooking as MIA is to buying an iFruit. They still go heavy on the sauces?

They went bankrupt in Canada. Not sure if they tried to reopen.

As for Red Lobster... I guess it's ok in a pinch if I had no other choice.

Both average American chain restaurants with the quality to match or how I remember them anyway.

Not sure if they've moved on or not. Haven't been to either in years.
The Olive Garden where I took the GF for her birthday way before we started dating closed.

I think those chain style restaurants are indicative of the shifting times...people are less interested in the old block ways (AKA those singular style brands). In the case of Olive Garden types, the more traditional restaurants offer better value than casual dining and people are eating at home and preparing meals (themselves or meal delivery services). I liked Uno's and TGIF's, but don't go there anymore either.

In the case of department stores, better value is had shopping online. It's been interesting watching those iconic industry brands and concepts trying to survive in these times.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's a place in Chico,ca called teriyaki house. What I ordered and always tell people to try is the chicken bowl. It has freshly grilled chicken on top of crisp cabbage with some carrots and broccoli with freshly cooked white rice for all for 5.50$

Sent from mTalk

I absolutely love thin sliced chicken in a grill. Well, I might as well make something similar myself.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Only hardware issues of note were the earpiece speaker grills on the early batches being dust magnets and easy to damage...

...the only funny design decision was putting the SIM tray near the mic at the bottom, some people were poking the mic incorrectly to open the SIM tray. This was more common on the black model.

I see. I guess they made wild guesses there and totally got it all wrong. So, the question is, have you find any suitable deal so far?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Going home after six long weeks. I'll finally have some time to recharge and jump right back to studying. This time successfuly I hope.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yep, I saw Juan's video but not the top one (so thanks for sharing it). I really have to agree with them on what the recode article was implying. I haven't watched a video of Solider Knows Best or HighSnobity but I enjoy Uravgconsumer (and his wife), and occasionally watch videos from Booredatwork. The words that they use to describe their channels is nonsense, like it has me thinking that they have never watched a video of theirs ever.

It really annoys me because it sounds like they aren't allowing them to be multidimensional. They just took their stupid assumptions based on how they look like and ran with it. WTF. It grinds me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yep, I saw Juan's video but not the top one (so thanks for sharing it). I really have to agree with them on what the recode article was implying. I haven't watched a video of Solider Knows Best or HighSnobity but I enjoy Uravgconsumer (and his wife), and occasionally watch videos from Booredatwork. The words that they use to describe their channels is nonsense, like it has me thinking that they have never watched a video of theirs ever.

It really annoys me because it sounds like they aren't allowing them to be multidimensional. They just took their stupid assumptions based on how they look like and ran with it. WTF. It grinds me.
The article was filled with microaggressions, which can often be some of the most subtle yet damaging types of covert prejudice.

I like booredatwork and uravgconsumer. Solid stuff indeed. It's one of the reasons why there are certain brands I don't use because of the social elitism that is attached to them by some of their users. Have no time for that junk. It's not a matter of always merely enjoying tech for tech's sake in some cases...

...sad to see this still exists in 2017, but it still does...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The article was filled with microaggressions, which can often be some of the most subtle yet damaging types of covert prejudice.

I like booredatwork and uravgconsumer. Solid stuff indeed. It's one of the reasons why there are certain brands I don't use because of the social elitism that is attached to them by some of their users. Have no time for that junk. It's not a matter of always merely enjoying tech for tech's sake in some cases...

...sad to see this still exists in 2017, but it still does...

Well said.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I started a gratitude journal recently and it's been surprising. I have heard this idea before but I never thought about writing what I'm grateful for that is specific to that particular day. That really does seem to make a difference.

Some days I have doubted that I would have something to write but then I end up having something to write xd Somehow I have been at this for a week, which is interesting since I try things and I fall off really quickly.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My back is sore. Did way too many chores today. Put up the Christmas tree today and the lights. Also set up a laser projector for Christmas lights on the house. A few other odds and ends as well.
But it was a fun weekend though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

My back is sore. Did way too many chores today. Put up the Christmas tree today and the lights. Also set up a laser projector for Christmas lights on the house. A few other odds and ends as well.
I hope you'll be feeling better soon! Please share some pictures of the holiday decorations. 🎄

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I hope that you feel better soon as well. Sounds like you had a productive weekend!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Funny, we've put some decorations up yesterday. Going to see about a tree this week.

I don't normally do the whole Xmas thing but we have guests coming so might as well make it nice.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The Olive Garden where I took the GF for her birthday way before we started dating closed.

I think those chain style restaurants are indicative of the shifting times...people are less interested in the old block ways (AKA those singular style brands). In the case of Olive Garden types, the more traditional restaurants offer better value than casual dining and people are eating at home and preparing meals (themselves or meal delivery services). I liked Uno's and TGIF's, but don't go there anymore either.

In the case of department stores, better value is had shopping online. It's been interesting watching those iconic industry brands and concepts trying to survive in these times.
Chain retardants are still big in the UK. But the offering from them is not too bad. I think they're popular because they didn't have any for so long... Now there's a flood of them.

Here in France there's not too many chains. There's at least two that I know of that are country wide. This is restaurants, not snack places.

As for shopping. I'm 50/50 still on the whole online thing. Some things work well online, others don't and though I've never been a huge fan of malls, it's nice to go out occasionally to see things in person.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Chain retardants are still big in the UK. But the offering from them is not too bad. I think they're popular because they didn't have any for so long... Now there's a flood of them.

Here in France there's not too many chains. There's at least two that I know of that are country wide. This is restaurants, not snack places.

As for shopping. I'm 50/50 still on the whole online thing. Some things work well online, others don't and though I've never been a huge fan of malls, it's nice to go out occasionally to see things in person.
Depending on the item, I may look at it in the store and troll online for a cheaper price. I still think some things are better bought in person, but the fact that apparently this happened due to concerns about Amazon shows the power of online shopping.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cvs-aetna-deal-to-change-how-big-employers-buy-health-benefits.html

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Depending on the item, I may look at it in the store and troll online for a cheaper price. I still think some things are better bought in person, but the fact that apparently this happened due to concerns about Amazon shows the power of online shopping.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cvs-aetna-deal-to-change-how-big-employers-buy-health-benefits.html

Wow I heard about this but haven't read about it yet. I wonder if will be allowed to happen..

I agree with your point here. For me, I prefer online when it comes to smaller things. My personal favorite is ordering online and picking it up in person.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes