WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The entire town is engulfed with the smoke from the forest fire near Ventura. It's smelling pretty bad here.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just learned of this Gservicesfix app and I'm so curious to try it out. Apparently, it does a better job with improving battery life. I wonder how much of a difference it can make on the original Pixel even but I already reset that phone. I can't be bothered to set it up and then change phones in like 3 days. That's silly.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if the theory of the old tech starting to act up is true. I have had multiple app crashes on my A3 in just the last 24 hours alone. I thought that this was debatable but maybe this is actually a thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's a fair point but the additional secret tracking in popular apps is something I haven't heard before and that was really interesting to me, but also a bit disturbing.
I bet if you asked most Apple users if they knew they were being tracked all the time they would look at you blankly as well.

If you give permissions to apps for your GPS you're going to be tracked. It's that simple. I've always known that and it doesn't matter which platform you use.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I turned on nfc, I set up my card but what wasn't clear on the card reader was where id put my phone.
I had a similar issue once. It was due to my card not being fully setup.

Was slightly embarrassing.

That's why I suggested those things.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I bet if you asked most Apple users if they knew they were being tracked all the time they would look at you blankly as well.

If you give permissions to apps for your GPS you're going to be tracked. It's that simple. I've always known that and it doesn't matter which platform you use.

You do have a great point there.

I would say that in my opinion, I like Apple's way better of denying all permissions until you say yes.
I think a lot of people just download apps and don't look at the permissions (in general) and for Android, that opens yourself up to this kind of thing.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In iOS setup on any ifruit device the last two steps are
Share Data with Apple and
Share Data with App Developers

Most of the time people say yes to both.
We willingly agree to be tracked.

Google asks this early on in the Android setup.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far, the wireless headphones are OK. Phone call audio on this unit is mono and in one ear bud only - that sucks.

We'll see how they hold up on Monday for the commute.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes