WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I can get you on that and based on the phones you have mentioned (along with general comments), it seems like each one has a significant compromise. There isn't even one that you might be okay with dealing with, outside of the current phones you own?

I think your fit requirements are probably more rigid than my own.
In the grand scheme of things, the V30 is the closest. I just have to cobble along with what I have.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The first thing I'll tell you is that the cost of movie tickets is "too GODDAMN HIGH!"
I paid $18 and change for IMAX here in Chicago area. I was happy since the same movie at a crappier IMAX theater in town back in California would have set me back $21 so...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So even though I said no, I kinda still want to try the XZ2 Compact because I'm very curious but not for $600. I miss having better performance and not having to clear cache weekly on an app to get it to work. Rational thoughts are fighting with non-rational ones here and it doesn't help that the SE2 rumors are still shaky.

Maybe I'll let up when I see a solid camera comparison between the XZ1 vs the XZ2. At the moment, it's hard to dismiss it altogether, especially since it's a new small phone.
Wait it out a month. SE2 might be out in April and by that time the XZ2 will have dropped in price as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't see much available that's a fit for me, really. Too many compromises. Just have to settle for things I don't want to.
I think if Google hadn't abandoned the headphone jack it would be a device with the fewest compromises for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In the grand scheme of things, the V30 is the closest. I just have to cobble along with what I have.
V30 was a good device.
Software experience wasn't as smooth as the Pixel despite Nova Launcher. Oh and the camera wasn't as good either. Otherwise solid device outside of those two issues.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

What a morning... Up and early, taking it a slow drive to work... and yet hit into the rear of the the car in front. My fault entire, didn't realise the slow down and I braked too late....

>No one was hurt. Thankfully it was a minor bumper-kiss!!
>air-bags didn't pop up!!
>found that making a police report takes half the morning. Not that it was complicated but there wasn't anyone maning the counter.
>its a funny way to bump into an old co-worker from my department.
>you can be in automobile accident and still be settled in a very civil way...

Gonna miss my car for a least a week..

... !

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

What a morning... Up and early, taking it a slow drive to work... and yet hit into the rear of the the car in front. My fault entire, didn't realise the slow down and I braked too late....

>No one was hurt. Thankfully it was a minor bumper-kiss!!
>air-bags didn't pop up!!
>found that making a police report takes half the morning. Not that it was complicated but there wasn't anyone maning the counter.
>its a funny way to bump into an old co-worker from my department.
>you can be in automobile accident and still be settled in a very civil way...

Gonna miss my car for a least a week..

... !
I'm sorry to hear about this and hope it won't be expensive with the insurance and repairs.

I'm glad nobody was injured.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry to hear about this and hope it won't be expensive with the insurance and repairs.

I'm glad nobody was injured.

Thank Laura..
The city planners absolutely messed up at the site. Imagine you're driving, the traffic light is green, and you accelerate and crossed the junction. Then less 100 feet away, there is set of lights for pedestrian crossing.

Its one of the heaviest used road in the city. They could have moved the pedestrian crossing to the junction or put in a overhead bridge.

Yeah, its covered by insurance. But its my first accident ever that I am responsible for, since started driving way back in '82... !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That makes sense for you, because you care a lot for audio and the camera experience. Any thoughts on the V30S+?
Overpriced and not enough added. If they had improved the FFC, then it would be easier to stomach.

The best part about the V30S line is it can help make the V30 cheaper.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Overpriced and not enough added. If they had improved the FFC, then it would be easier to stomach.

The best part about the V30S line is it can help make the V30 cheaper.

Gotcha. I can agree with you on the lack of additions.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think if Google hadn't abandoned the headphone jack it would be a device with the fewest compromises for me.

The headphone jack being removed is grinding me. It's crazy that Samsung is (basically) alone with keeping it for a flagship.

I'm disappointed in Sony, since they pulled a Google (and "originally", Apple) with removing it to sell their own wireless ones. Dongle life, yay.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure come next year Samsung will be removing the headphone jack (LG too)

I've been talking about the jack here ad nauseum. I'd prefer USB-C audio to be standardized, but since Google didn't set the standard up properly, we have this mess.

I'll get either a HTC 10 or a V30 for the audio prowess and call it a day. People should stop being surprised about this happening. OEMs know that less people care about the jack, so they're removing it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm sure come next year Samsung will be removing the headphone jack (LG too)

I've been talking about the jack here ad nauseum. I'd prefer USB-C audio to be standardized, but since Google didn't set the standard up properly, we have this mess.

I'll get either a HTC 10 or a V30 for the audio prowess and call it a day. People should stop being surprised about this happening. OEMs know that less people care about the jack, so they're removing it.

I agree about the mess. I guess I should be less surprised but as you have mentioned, the mess that it left behind is terrible and confusing. I have somewhat accepted it but I find it easier to accept on the Apple side of things because they still include a set in the box.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's starting to seem like we lost the jack and started to gain a notch instead...
Personally, I'm tired of people ******** about the "goddamn notch". They ***** about bezels in the same way.

It's as annoying as watching the current President reading cue cards on how to be empathetic.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Personally, I'm tired of people ******** about the "goddamn notch". They ***** about bezels in the same way.

It's as annoying as watching the current President reading cue cards on how to be empathetic.

I can get why you say that about the bezels. I'm indifferent about bezels so I stand with Juan Bagnell. At least bezels align. The notch just ruins the aesthetic for me. Imo, the way Essential did it is preferred.

LOL @ at your final statement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes