WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm home. Quick unboxing photos and first impressions.

Not as big as I thought it would be. As you can see it fits easily I'm my hand.. it's lighter than I thought as well. I like how narrow it is. Feels comfortable. Well balanced.

I'm giving it a charge so I can set it up.
It looks like they took a Z Ultra and cut off about 46%. Very nice.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Whew, the game was rained out and postponed but I have no regrets. I just hope this will not happen again with the new date we chose. I like the company I was with so the waiting was cool.

One thing down, another to go.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have some feelings for someone who is a friend of mine but it might be unrequited so I'm wrestling with them a little bit.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I know I did an initial impression. Now that I'm almost done setting it up I can be a bit more precise. Being honest I haven't done much with it at this point. I had other things to do last night so my time with it has been very short.

I NLaRUE... nah

So to start

Design

This is my third Sony phone. I've owned a Z3, XZ and now the Xperia 1. The 1 reminds me of the Z3, which is good. It sort of looks like a Z3 that got stretched and thinned out. It's very comfortable to hold because of how narrow it is. It's light weight, it's lighter than my XZ. It's got the same sort of flatness of the Z3 except now there's a camera bulge at the back. It's a lot more rounded overall than the Z3 though. Saying that, the phone is not significantly larger than my XZ. I can fit it in my pocket.

Screen

This is where you get that, wow feeling. That screen is huge! I personally don't mind bezels. The one a the top is larger than the bottom but that's fine. The screen is vibrant and very nice. I haven't done much with it other than change the wallpaper but overall I'm happy with it.

Software

It's Sony with Pie. I'm not used to Pie as the XZ didn't get it so it's a bit new experience all around with the gestures. There was some bloat but that could be due to the fact I picked it up from a carrier. It's not a locked phone though. Still sifting through things. I tend to disable bloat items I don't want.

Other stuff

The fingerprint scanner is well places and way too sensitive. Because I owned a XZ which had the scanner on the power button it's going to take some getting used to.

I haven't used side sense and I don't think I will. Mainly because I have a case on the phone.

Yes, the phone is slippery AF. I dropped it getting it out of the box. Only onto the table so no damage.

Setting up was a breeze using the Google App. Just deciding on how I'm going to use my phone.

So after this weekend I should have a good idea of the photos capability and other things. I'll give a more thorough review then.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So I know I did an initial impression. Now that I'm almost done setting it up I can be a bit more precise. Being honest I haven't done much with it at this point I had other things to do last night so my time with has been very short.

I NLaRUE... nah

So to start - design

This is my third Sony phone. I've owned a Z3, XZ and now the Xperia 1. The 1 reminds me of the Z3, which is good. It sort of looks like a Z3 that got stretched and thinned out. It's very comfortable to hold because of how narrow it is. It's light weight, it's lighter than my XZ. It's got the same sort of flatness of the Z3 except now there's a camera bulge at the back. It's lot more rounded overall than the Z3 though. Saying that, the phone is not significantly larger than my XZ. I can fit it in my pocket.

Screen

This is where you get that, wow feeling. That screen is huge! I personally don't mind bezels. The one a the top is larger than the bottom but that's fine. The screen is vibrant and very nice. I haven't done much with it other than change the wallpaper but overall I'm happy with it.

Software

It's Sony with Pie. I'm not used to Pie as the XZ didn't get it so it's a bit new experience all around with the gestures. There was some bloat but that could be due to the fact I picked it up from a carrier. It's not a locked phone though. Still sifting through things. I tend to disable bloat items I don't want.

Other stuff

The fingerprint scanner is well places and way too sensitive. Because I owned a XZ which had the scanner on the power button it's going to take some getting used to.

I haven't used side sense and I don't think I will. Mainly because I have a case on the phone.

Yes, the phone is slippery AF. I dropped it getting it out of the box. Only onto the table so no damage.

Setting up was breeze using the Google App. Just deciding on how I'm going to use my phone.

So after this weekend I should have a good idea of the photos capability and other things. I'll give a more thorough review then.
Very cool! Thanks for sharing your initial impressions.

Good luck with it, and I look forward to more details, especially about the camera.

BTW, what launcher do you use? I use Nova Launcher Prime on all my Android devices.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Very cool! Thanks for sharing your initial impressions.

Good luck with it, and I look forward to more details, especially about the camera.

BTW, what launcher do you use? I use Nova Launcher Prime on all my Android devices.

I stick with the stock launcher mainly because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to change it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to say the ambient lock screen option is interesting. Reminds me of the Lumia 920 with glance. Need to find out if it drains the battery though.

Not sure if this is new with Pie or not and just the Xperia 1. I haven't checked my wife's ZX1.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have to say the ambient lock screen option is interesting. Reminds me of the Lumia 920 with glance. Need to find out if it drains the battery though.

Not sure if this is new with Pie or not and just the Xperia 1. I haven't checked my wife's ZX1.
It's not Pie. Since last year, most flagship and upper mid rangers have been offering ambient display settings as standard. Google, Moto and Nokia have been offering it for eons, Samsung really started pushing it from the S8 line. It's just a lot more customizable now. My G7+ and V35 have it. I just don't use it because...i have smartwatches for that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I know I did an initial impression. Now that I'm almost done setting it up I can be a bit more precise. Being honest I haven't done much with it at this point. I had other things to do last night so my time with it has been very short.

I NLaRUE... nah

So to start

Design

This is my third Sony phone. I've owned a Z3, XZ and now the Xperia 1. The 1 reminds me of the Z3, which is good. It sort of looks like a Z3 that got stretched and thinned out. It's very comfortable to hold because of how narrow it is. It's light weight, it's lighter than my XZ. It's got the same sort of flatness of the Z3 except now there's a camera bulge at the back. It's a lot more rounded overall than the Z3 though. Saying that, the phone is not significantly larger than my XZ. I can fit it in my pocket.

Screen

Software

Other stuff

Setting up was a breeze using the Google App. Just deciding on how I'm going to use my phone.

Thank you for sharing! I hope it will work out well for your needs. I am glad to hear that it fits in your pocket and is working out decently at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99