WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I am prepping for the busy day tomorrow and busy weekend as well. I have everything I need nearly ready to go. My computer needs to finish charging and my phone needs to be put on the charger at some point (tonight or tomorrow morning) but I do have a power bank, which is charged up.

I'm excited but also a little nervous about possibly being the only novice in the room with the least amount of experience.
Everyone had to start somewhere.
Keep your chin up. Stay positive.
You'll do just fine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wonder how's performance of the 9PV after the latest updates? Esp the speed of the fingerprint scanner. I don't expect a big speedbump for the camera postprocessing.
Good question. I hope it's now semi useless, instead of the totally useless that was being initially reported.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I can't wait for the weekend - I can't seem to get any energy going this week. I really need a break!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Mishaps at the farm!!
Lost my pair of prescription glasses several days back and couldn't find it no matter how many times I retraced my path.
Perseverance paid off as I managed to spot it laying at the dirt path through peripheral vision. Unfortunately it was not a joyful find. My brother inlaw had clear the dirt path of overgrown weeds using a grass cutter.. It made mincemeat out of my glasses. There was only a several bits of the frame and glass fragments left..
I've resorted to using pair of cheap of the shelvea reading glasses bought from Daiso (Japanese thrift shop). As a temporary measure.

It's gonna take at least two-three week to get proper pair from the optician.
Bummer! I had to wait 3 weeks to get new spectacles that arrived last Friday. Thankfully, they fit great and I can see much better.

I hope it won't be expensive for you to get new ones.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Bummer! I had to wait 3 weeks to get new spectacles that arrived last Friday. Thankfully, they fit great and I can see much better.

I hope it won't be expensive for you to get new ones.
What specs are you getting?
I'm getting one enable me to read my laptop & phone screen as well as see stuff across the work table... not just having "web" lens.. more like mahjong glasses!!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Had a pair of multifocals too, but I couldnt adjust my eyes into wearing it. Gave me really bad headaches

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not too bad I guess
4fd129b11cd723e105ea835bcafbb6fb.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I should be more excited for Friday than I am. Guess I'm too tired. Hopefully when I set up the all in one today, that will take care of that issue.

I'll see how the new headphones play out. Kinda tired of getting headphones, really. I do plan to get those sennheisers for home listening and let the gf use the Sony's.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

What specs are you getting?
I'm getting one enable me to read my laptop & phone screen as well as see stuff across the work table... not just having "web" lens.. more like mahjong glasses!!
Mine are no line progressives. Surprisingly I had no trouble adapting to them.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Day is almost done. Gonna get a drink after work and then I crash for a few days to rest up for Monday.

That's how we do in paradise.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So the session worked out okay. It seemed like everyone learned something today but I did know most of what was taught for a program (we did a crash course for several). This was the shortest day and it was nice to run into classmates there!

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the session worked out okay. It seemed like everyone learned something today but I did know most of what was taught for a program (we did a crash course for several). This was the shortest day and it was nice to run into classmates there!
Good for you. Glad to hear that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Asuch as the new phone itch is in place, I'm glad I'm not rushing to try to grab anything. I was fortunate to get a Mate 20 Pro at a fair price, pre Trump, so I'm OK with waiting. Especially since I'm hearing crap that the XZ3 Asian variant isn't giving me the same bands as I'm used to. WTF Sony? I hope that ain't true.

I would be very open to a dual SIM 9 Pureview, though. That's pretty rare. I'm just not paying for it the price my favorite site is currently asking for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes