WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That's what happens when companies are quick to remind us of how replaceable we are as employees.

I've known this truth for a very long time now. They tell you that you're 'valued' but in truth could care less that you're there.

Doesn't matter what country you work in either they're all the same and in some cases worse because they can be.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ooh I read a post kinda related to this on Instagram today. Someone I follow shared it. It was a guy who posted the following:

He quit 5 jobs and given a two week notice each time. He was let go each time before the weeks were up.
"The moral of my story is we are all replaceable.

Does your employer really care about you? Is the extra work worth it? Is the mandated overtime worth it?
We are all disposable. Go home and spend time with your family. Use your vacation time. Take a mental health day. Hit the gym. Make time for your hobbies, interests, passions and personal development. Make time to leave your life. We can't get our time back."

I feel sorry for Americans because they 'believe' in chasing this weird dream of being rich and having the 'American Dream'. They're willing to give away their lives for a company that just uses them and would happily replace them. I know not many chase the American Dream like they used to but it's still in the collective mindset.

The US government has never been 'for the the people', regardless of the slogans. A government that was, would mandate vacation, sick days and better worker rights at the minimum (without going in to healthcare). The US government does none of this. They only care about helping corporations and vice versa. They are pro capitalist. An individual needs to 'prove' their worth to these corporations but a corporation can be crap to the person.

That tells you everything that's wrong with the US.

The US could use some compassion but unfortunately there's a lot of people who just don't get it and actually fight against this. It confuses me. I'll never understand why someone would fight against fairly basic human rights and decency but that the US for you...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Capitalism at its finest. It's why those movies here about breaking out of one's shell or comedies like The Office or Parks and Recreation were so successful. They mirrored the crap that is US industrial work culture.

The Office is originally from the UK and adapted to the US, but true nevertheless.

There's also the Dilbert cartoon as well which always resonated. However the author is a bit of a loon...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I feel sorry for Americans because they 'believe' in chasing this weird dream of being rich and having the 'American Dream'. They're willing to give away their lives for a company that just uses them and would happily replace them. I know not many chase the American Dream like they used to but it's still in the collective mindset.

The US government has never been 'for the the people', regardless of the slogans. A government that was, would mandate vacation, sick days and better worker rights at the minimum (without going in to healthcare). The US government does none of this. They only care about helping corporations and vice versa. They are pro capitalist. An individual needs to 'prove' their worth to these corporations but a corporation can be crap to the person.

The US could use some compassion but unfortunately there's a lot of people who just don't get it and actually fight against this. It confuses me. I'll never understand why someone would fight against fairly basic human rights and decency but that the US for you...

You're so correct. The American Dream as you said is still a very big thing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The rules here are made as clear as mud so only those who wrote the rules have the advantage.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The rules here are made as clear as mud so only those who wrote the rules have the advantage.

Yeah. This is why the USA isn't really a democracy, it claims to be the greatest but it's only democratic for those with money and power.

This idea that 'anyone' can become rich and powerful maybe true but the percentages are very low. It's also not really a democratic goal either.

Over here in Europe we still have those who get born into privilege, like winning the lottery. Better known as 'royals'. They're just as corrupt as the rest of society but since they 'look and act nice' (typically have nice accents too) everyone seems to forget that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So looking at the new owners of Mobile Nations it appears that they're some sort of 'content creation' company. I guess that explains all the ads from Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Along with all the fake articles which are just ads.

I guess the days of decent content on the internet is dying if not dead already. Oh well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So this whole new job thing is feeling like a roller coaster.

From what I've been told the new company is happy with everything they just need higher approval. They're still doing this two month thing but it looks like it might be at a better rate but I haven't got the official word yet. So overall it looks good.

Just need the final information.

Next is discussing this with the wife and see what she thinks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. This is why the USA isn't really a democracy, it claims to be the greatest but it's only democratic for those with money and power.

This idea that 'anyone' can become rich and powerful maybe true but the percentages are very low. It's also not really a democratic goal either.

Over here in Europe we still have those who get born into privilege, like winning the lottery. Better known as 'royals'. They're just as corrupt as the rest of society but since they 'look and act nice' (typically have nice accents too) everyone seems to forget that.
The US was never a democracy. There was nothing democratic about calling those who look like me 3/5 of a human in the constitution originally. So nothing surprises, nonsense and double speak are expected.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So if you don't follow international news. There's a big strike action today in France.

It's affecting all transport and some other things. Including school closures

Things are a bit quieter than normal. It's also a bit cold out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ain't nothing that can jump start your day than walking into a train and getting hit with the smell of a housing insecure person fast asleep that hasn't showered for at least a few days.

There's so much in seeing that, none of it good.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Man what a hectic couple of months - the other half had some serious health issues but we seem to be on the other side of that now!

Here's hoping for a much slower paced Christmas time so I can check in on here and participate!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon