02-09-2014 06:43 PM
435 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Funny part is, nearly half the teams in this league are playing with back ups at the starting QB position. There just ain't 32 NFL caliber signal callers in the NFL. I would say there are 10-12 QB's that are playmakers, maybe another 5 that are good game managers.

Then comes the rest of the QB's. I mean Arizona is happy with Carson Palmer and to me he is the ultimate back up QB that has gotten tons of cash posing as a starter.

Poor Browns fans have had a parade of back-ups as starters since Bernie Kosar left. My Bucs won the SuperBowl in 2002 with Brad Johnson at QB. That's right: THE Brad Johnson. Who threw an INT on his first pass of the SuperBowl and was never a starter again after the following season.

Makes me want to warn the Bears fans in my area as they ask for the Bears to dump Cutler- who is mistake prone but is a true QB you can win with, for McCown:

Careful for what you wish for. He is a GREAT back up that has no place starting for 16 games and into the play-offs for you. Once NFL Defenses figure out his limitations, you would really miss that arm of Cutler who can get the football 60 yards downfield with a flick of the wrist.
    The main problem with Cutler is he is injury-prone. He would be good if he didn't keep getting hurt.
    snowmutt and palandri like this.
    12-27-2013 12:53 AM
    The main problem with Cutler is he is injury-prone. He would be good if he didn't keep getting hurt.
    I agree with that. I guess what it comes down to is price and length of contract. If Cutler can be signed for like 3 years at 12-13 million per year, that is a good gamble.

I do not sign him at the 17 million I hear kicked around it will take to resign him unless it is not for more then one year. Longer, those injuries sure become a factor.
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-27-2013 02:28 AM
    I agree with that. I guess what it comes down to is price and length of contract. If Cutler can be signed for like 3 years at 12-13 million per year, that is a good gamble.

I do not sign him at the 17 million I hear kicked around it will take to resign him unless it is not for more then one year. Longer, those injuries sure become a factor.
    17 million? That's a laugh. He's about 12-14 million. I may do 14 per for 4 years at most, the base being 12 per year with 2 million in incentives...
    12-27-2013 07:43 AM
    17 million? That's a laugh. He's about 12-14 million. I may do 14 per for 4 years at most, the base being 12 per year with 2 million in incentives...
    You're still too high
    12-28-2013 12:41 AM
    You could say that about any NFL QB. Manning is a walking chandelier, but he's barely been touched. Meanwhile, my boy Tannehill is getting killed and the hits finally got to him last week.
    palandri likes this.
    12-28-2013 09:45 AM
    I still love watching old videos of the scrambling king, Fran Tarkenton. No other quarterback was more entertaining when he scrambled. He would run so many different directions when he had to scramble that the announcer would get confused on where the line of scrimmage was, and/or which direction his team was originally going.
    12-28-2013 11:19 AM
    I still love watching old videos of the scrambling king, Fran Tarkenton. No other quarterback was more entertaining when he scrambled. He would run so many different directions when he had to scramble that the announcer would get confused on where the line of scrimmage was, and/or which direction his team was originally going.
    He even confused his own players. Look what happened to Jim Marshall.
    12-28-2013 11:57 AM
    He even confused his own players. Look what happened to Jim Marshall.
    LOL! I remember one of his classic scrambles, I can't remember if he was with the Giants or the Vikings, but the announcers calculated he ran 120 or 150 yards on one play.
    12-28-2013 12:08 PM
    You're still too high
    I know. He's really a 10 million a year guy, but you know he's gonna get more than that...
    palandri likes this.
    12-28-2013 12:23 PM
    Live now on my TV
    Attached Thumbnails img_20131229_161223.jpg  
    12-29-2013 04:17 PM
    Cheapest Green Bay touchdown I have ever seen. It was a forward pass, not a fumble. CHEAP!
    snowmutt likes this.
    12-29-2013 04:42 PM
    Now I know the true meaning of Hootie & The Blowfish's "the Dolphins make me cry".
    12-29-2013 04:45 PM
    ..Matt Forte runs it in for the score!
    12-29-2013 05:15 PM
    Attachment 53092
    tumblr_inline_mxkcn4crx31qih9gi.gif

Hate to add full to the fire, but some of my followers have pointed out that SD was in an illegal defensive formation on the missed FG -
    Mike Pereira

They are correct. SD had more than 6 players on one side of the center on the line of scrimmage. That is a new rule and a foul. -
    Mike Pereira

colin_farrel-disgusted.jpg
    ari-gold-anger-throws-phone-against-wall-entourage.jpg
    Last edited by psudotechzealot; 12-30-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    12-30-2013 06:18 AM
    An absolute embarresment of a Bears defense. The Bears defense has been poor throughout the year so I guess it's no surprise they cost us the game, but I just don't understand how they can be that bad. Guys running through them like they're not even there and receivers wide open on numerous plays. That last TD on 4th down summed up their play. What a disappointment. Makes it even more disappointing that the offense play good football for the most part. Slow 1st half, but went into high gear in the 2nd half and I think the play was enough to win the game.
    12-30-2013 07:08 AM
    RANDOM RULE:

In the Dallas game, even though the player went out of bounds, since he went BACKWARDS out of bounds, the clock kept running. You have to be moving FORWARDS to stop the clock.

HUH??? WHO MAKES THIS CRAP UP??
    12-30-2013 07:28 AM
    Palandri:

Please give me a moment to hold you through the computer. I know you need the shoulder to cry on.....

*Palandri reaches through computer, throws temper tantrum instead, beating poor snowmutt repeatedly*

Crap. Forgot Bears fans react different to their team choking away an entire season then most other fans.

First Aid kit.... where did I leave that stupid first aid kit.....
    palandri likes this.
    12-30-2013 07:32 AM
    Okay- What is the best guess for number of coaches getting canned before the play-offs begin?

Browns axe their coach after one year (Laura just is probably numb to this by now!!), and we know Shanahan is gone. At least 2.

I am throwing out 6. (Not including Houston.)
    12-30-2013 07:35 AM
    Okay- What is the best guess for number of coaches getting canned before the play-offs begin?

Browns axe their coach after one year (Laura just is probably numb to this by now!!), and we know Shanahan is gone. At least 2.

I am throwing out 6. (Not including Houston.)
    That's right, it's Black Monday. I would say 5 or 6. I read that Washington has fired Mike Shanahan already, as you mentioned, so that's one down.
    12-30-2013 09:20 AM
    Add Frazier from the Vikings to the list.
    palandri likes this.
    12-30-2013 09:27 AM
    Add Frazier from the Vikings to the list.
    I feel bad about that one. Frazier was such a great player with the Bears, I thought he would make a great coach, but that didn't happen. Isn't the owner of the Viking's being investigated for fraud charges or something like that?
    stmav and snowmutt like this.
    12-30-2013 09:52 AM
    I feel bad about that one. Frazier was such a great player with the Bears, I thought he would make a great coach, but that didn't happen. Isn't the owner of the Viking's being investigated for fraud charges or something like that?
    It's the owner of the Browns, not the Vikes, when I last read about the fraud investigation. Another reason probably when Laura is numb to all this. I think Schwartz in DET and Schiano in TB are on the chopping block too.
    12-30-2013 10:22 AM
    It's the owner of the Browns, not the Vikes, when I last read about the fraud investigation. Another reason probably when Laura is numb to all this. I think Schwartz in DET and Schiano in TB are on the chopping block too.
    I think Schiano might be safe. He proved himself right about Freeman and his team put up a fight. Too bad about Chud, I always side with former 'Canes. Shanahan was a given Schwartz is probably history.

If I'm Stephen Ross, I would add Joe Philbin to the coaching carnage today. No excuse for having such lifeless teams hit the field two weeks in a row with the playoffs on the line.
    12-30-2013 10:33 AM
    I think Schiano might be safe. He proved himself right about Freeman and his team put up a fight. Too bad about Chud, I always side with former 'Canes. Shanahan was a given Schwartz is probably history.

If I'm Stephen Ross, I would add Joe Philbin to the coaching carnage today. No excuse for having such lifeless teams hit the field two weeks in a row with the playoffs on the line.
    and they just announced that Schiano and GM Dominik are out in TB....
    snowmutt likes this.
    12-30-2013 10:57 AM
    and they just announced that Schiano and GM Dominik are out in TB....
    And Schwartz is out in DET too. I suppose Philbin could get the boot based on the Icognito situation or the clunkers in the last two weeks, but I'm guessing he may still survive. We're still waiting on another curveball dismissal though...
    12-30-2013 11:13 AM
435 ... 89101112 ...