If you had a waterproof case, would you use your phone in the shower?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Not with modern phones. I do remember doing this with my old old Nokia 6250 though

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'd never use my phone *in* the shower but I might choose to take it in the same room as the shower to listen to music...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I stream music via a Bluetooth speaker in the bathroom while I shower, but the phone is not where it will not get wet, or risk steam ingress.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've heard people talking on phone while on the sh%((er at work so I guess anything is possible. I don't really know if popular opinion considers talking on phone while on the sh%((er as acceptable but it grossed me out.

Lumia 8x

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
No. I only focus on showering. You really should use the phones when necessary. All these people who can't look away from their phones for 5 seconds sickens me.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm trying to cut down on my smartphone use and am making a conscious effort to stop doing things like browsing my phone while watching TV, randomly checking apps, checking things while in bed etc.

I think people are becoming gadget zombies now and surely the over stimulation of the mind has some sort of long term effects. Most people need some kind of music, or video, or text to read otherwise they will be restless. Just go on the subway during rush hour and you'll see the majority of people looking at their phones or tablets, bumping around and falling over yet they refuse to put their gadget down.

CiderDrinker

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I YouTube in the shower any chance I get. Mostly classic video game Let's Plays. I have a shower caddy where the water doesn't splash on too much. :cool:

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Palmtops are meant to be brought everywhere haha. :grin: I'm surprised they aren't waterproof yet or the industry hasn't evolved to have waterproofing as a standard, considering palmtop technology is already old. Nope, they are not "smartphones", they're ******* palmtops with mobile phone technology integrated! Did you know, you could turn an ordinary palmtop into a mobile phone with an attachment? What they just did was integrate the mobile phone technology to the palmtop itself. Or maybe phones started to become more palmtop-like, then the more advanced versions came to be called "smartphones". Holy shiiet, that's like reverse evolution of technology.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting replies here. I was thinking of this when I really wanted to read my PDF book because I like to read without stopping until I'm finished with a book.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Santiago Pedraza

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't really know if I trust those cases. I have seen people in the pool using them to take videos under the water but honestly, I don't know to what point these cases are waterproof.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon