Do you love coffee?

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: do you like coffee 🍵?

There was a time I measured my coffee consumption by the pot instead of by the cup. Oh, wait, that's still the case :) Seriously, I drink too much coffee! Though I can still sleep at night, and not get jittery.

I just drink home brew - whatever's cheap in the big can from Costco. I rarely drink high calorie designer drinks from Starbucks/ETC, though I do allow for a Pumpkin Spice Latte during the holidays (which, apparently, is now.)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There was a time I measured my coffee consumption by the pot instead of by the cup. Oh, wait, that's still the case :) Seriously, I drink too much coffee! Though I can still sleep at night, and not get jittery.

I just drink home brew - whatever's cheap in the big can from Costco. I rarely drink high calorie designer drinks from Starbucks/ETC, though I do allow for a Pumpkin Spice Latte during the holidays (which, apparently, is now.)

Since I've started drinking coffee (I was late to it) I can only drink coffee that tastes good to me. I'd rather spend the money and enjoy the experience than drink something just because. That's not to say low cost coffee is bad or high cost coffee is good. But I seem to have taste buds in line with the higher price range. :p

That's my perspective though. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Since I've started drinking coffee (I was late to it) I can only drink coffee that tastes good to me. I'd rather spend the money and enjoy the experience than drink something just because. That's not to say low cost coffee is bad or high cost coffee is good. But I seem to have taste buds in line with the higher price range. :p

The best coffee I ever had was Jamaican Blue Mountain. A family member had it at her house. It's expensive, but it's really good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The best coffee I ever had was Jamaican Blue Mountain. A family member had it at her house. It's expensive, but it's really good.

I can't remember if I ever had Jamaican Blue Mountain. I'll have to get some and give it a try.

I tend prefer flavours towards medium to dark roast. The coffee I used to get in Australia had a chocolate flavour through it, though there was no chocolate in it. It was a medium roast. I need to order more. :p

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

That's not to say low cost coffee is bad or high cost coffee is good. But I seem to have taste buds in line with the higher price range. :p

Coffee is my water. :)

Thinking back, I was one of those kids stopping by Starbucks before school for a cup, and seeing other kids there, too. (There was only one Starbucks in my town then, unless you count the one in Albertsons - but no one would be caught dead getting their latte or mocha there, though.)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Damn! That Jamaica Mountain Blue coffee is expensive! ?37.50 for 500g!

I'll have to find a place that sells it by the cup. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Couldn't get much sleep last night so this is going to be can big pot day or as we say at work make a two bagger instead on the usual one bag per brew cycle☺

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Couldn't get much sleep last night so this is going to be can big pot day or as we say at work make a two bagger instead on the usual one bag per brew cycle☺

Big pot day? On a Friday? Not exactly the best choice of words. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon