What's the worst accident you ever had with your phone?

osallent

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Two years ago I was at my friend's private gun range in his backyard (he lives in the middle of nowhere) which he said I could use while he was out on vacation. I was shooting a black powder flintlock pistol, and I had a load fail to go off. I primed the pan again and once again the pistol failed to fire. I stupidly placed the pistol in the shooting table instead of keeping it pointed down range for the 30 seconds or so you are supposed to when a charge fails to go off, and started walking towards another table where I had some tools, thinking I was going to have to extract the lead ball out of the barrel to clean the gun. About 2 seconds later the pistol went off, and the discharge destroyed my Iphone, which was resting on the table. After that I decided to go Android, which I didn't enjoy, and eventually I got a Windows Phone.

jfbart

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My HTC HD7 "glass landed" in the ground, direct over a stone. The glass breaked really bad, but the phone still worked.

The really bad thing is that happened after a complete day bragging about my phone. When I returned home I tried to replace the glass, but eventually I upgraded to my current phone.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Two years ago I was at my friend's private gun range in his backyard (he lives in the middle of nowhere) which he said I could use while he was out on vacation. I was shooting a black powder flintlock pistol, and I had a load fail to go off. I primed the pan again and once again the pistol failed to fire. I stupidly placed the pistol in the shooting table instead of keeping it pointed down range for the 30 seconds or so you are supposed to when a charge fails to go off, and started walking towards another table where I had some tools, thinking I was going to have to extract the lead ball out of the barrel to clean the gun. About 2 seconds later the pistol went off, and the discharge destroyed my Iphone, which was resting on the table. After that I decided to go Android, which I didn't enjoy, and eventually I got a Windows Phone.

Wow...you actually shot a phone !! Mind you tho....a couple of months ago a bullet stopped a man dying after a 520 took the impact. Not such a cheap phone after all lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I was I college and owned a Nokia 7210 I just bought from one of my friends. I had those open pouch cases that had no flap and was always careful. So it was at night and I ran to catch a bus to go to friend's house. After getting on the bus, I realized the phone had fallen out of the pouch and was lost. Tried calling the number to retrieve it but it went to voicemail...a sure sign it was someone else's phone now. At that time most people didn't have phones with a colored screen so that was that.

Never got it back again and I've never used cases like that since.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Even worse than losing a phone... I was having a spring fling with a former coworker and I remember seeing her picking up my phone and scrolling through my messages periodically...and I was like "So I'm dating one of THOSE.." Needless to sag once the spring ended, that ended too...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Two years ago, me and my classmate were playing frisbee in the classroom, with my (old) Galaxy Note in my left hand. When it was my turn, I stupidly flung the Note, it hit the window (which cracked), then a chair with a sharp edge, then it landed flat on it's face with a really loud "CLACK"
But when I picked it up, it mysteriously had no scratches or dents at all. Odd.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have two.

One was when I accidentally threw my old Nokia C5-00 up in the air and...failed to catch it. Twenty feet up, twenty feet down. No damage whatsoever.

The second is when I accidentally dropped my 620 down a staircase. Screen failed to turn on, but the rest of the phone was responsive. Left me without internet for two months.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Two years ago, me and my classmate were playing frisbee in the classroom, with my (old) Galaxy Note in my left hand. When it was my turn, I stupidly flung the Note, it hit the window (which cracked), then a chair with a sharp edge, then it landed flat on it's face with a really loud "CLACK"
But when I picked it up, it mysteriously had no scratches or dents at all. Odd.

LOL. That was funny. As bad as playing frisbee in the class is, my class sometimes plays cricket (believe it) and football (soccer) in the class(wierd I know). The worst that's ever happened was somebody getting hit by a football in the head and breaking the class clock(we removed the glass and you couldn't tell the difference). That was some luck you had with your phone though.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
LOL. That was funny. As bad as playing frisbee in the class is, my class sometimes plays cricket (believe it) and football (soccer) in the class(wierd I know). The worst that's ever happened was somebody getting hit by a football in the head and breaking the class clock(we removed the glass and you couldn't tell the difference). That was some luck you had with your phone though.
Don't get me started on football, we actually knocked two of our classmates unconscious by just getting hit in the head.
Back on topic though, I accidentally did drop my 920 off a waterfall during one of my outbounds while cliff jumping. I just had to chase after it, but it still works. The shell though, I had to have that changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes