Bored what to do

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Books! Read about science (QED), then read about religion (the bible or the god delusion, whichever suits your world view), and top it off with something funny (hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy). Economics, politics and psychology are other areas worth exploring.

You can can't ever know enough about any of those things.

If you're the type that can't stay focused on anything for longer than five minutes, then subscribe to the YouTube channels vscauce, 1veritasium and asapscience and start watching.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Books! Read about science (QED), then read about religion (the bible or the god delusion, whichever suits your world view), and top it off with something funny (hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy). Economics, politics and psychology are other areas worth exploring.

You can can't ever know enough about any of those things.

If you're the type that can't stay focused on anything for longer than five minutes, then subscribe to the YouTube channels vscauce, 1veritasium and asapscience and start watching.

The god delusion is a great book. Lots of funny bits that you really don't realise are there until you read it again. The bible had a very predictable ending... :p

I loved hitchhikers guide I wasn't overly fussed with the 5th book.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I loved hitchhikers guide I wasn't overly fussed with the 5th book.

Yeah, definitely the funniest text ever written, but it can't maintain the level set out on the first two books.

Even the subtitle... 'a trilogy in four parts' is hilarious. ;-)

... despite having five parts...

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
So is there more to your life than sitting in front of the computer or using your phone? You know, human contact outside your
Family...
My father died
My mother maried with someone that i dont know. I dont know even my mother wants me but my dads sister sends 1000₺ (500$) every month. And i have no home i go to a high school where the Kids like me (no father) at in. Its my home. There are beds and we stay at night. I can say that ı has not family.
Sorry fur my bad English

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My father died
My mother maried with someone that i dont know. I dont know even my mother wants me but my dads sister sends 1000₺ (500$) every month. And i have no home i go to a high school where the Kids like me (no father) at in. Its my home. There are beds and we stay at night. I can say that ı has not family.
Sorry fur my bad English

Sorry to hear about your father and your predicament. No worries about the English. You're understood well enough. :)

It's easy to forget that the world in some places is a bit different than where we are.

Keep in mind that we were simply joking with you and not to take things too seriously. We weren't familiar with your situation.

Our suggestions are reasonable with regards to reading. Learn about science outside of the classroom, it's more interesting for one. See the world through different eyes, regardless where you live, life is fascinating.

If you need some reading material let me know I can provide you with some. :) Just PM me.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow. That is definitely a very crappy situation. :cry:

Some of the most interesting people I've met in life very often went through a lot of very difficult situations. Only those that have had to fight for something, those that have had to pull themselves up by their own boot straps, have really come to know themselves, and what they are truly capable of when the going gets tough. Those are valuable life lessons that can help later on, provided you can find the right attitude to confront today's difficulties.

To be honest, you really don't have the luxury to be bored. Study really hard. Get a scholarship for a good school. Make an ambitious plan where you want to be in five years and try your hardest to stick to it. Spend time with your friends. Some of you might be friends for the rest of your lives.

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your father and your predicament. No worries about the English. You're understood well enough. :)

It's easy to forget that the world in some places is a bit different than where we are.

Keep in mind that we were simply joking with you and not to take things too seriously. We weren't familiar with your situation.

Our suggestions are reasonable with regards to reading. Learn about science outside of the classroom, it's more interesting for one. See the world through different eyes, regardless where you live, life is fascinating.

If you need some reading material let me know I can provide you with some. :) Just PM me.

I am not sad about my dads death. He was hitting my mom. He also swore a lot .

Thanks for answer and helping. I just went a book seller (sells book,music, and school books for small kid) bought some books about science and bought a biography about the first president of our country (Ataturk)

omer620

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Wow. That is definitely a very crappy situation. :cry:

Some of the most interesting people I've met in life very often went through a lot of very difficult situations. Only those that have had to fight for something, those that have had to pull themselves up by their own boot straps, have really come to know themselves, and what they are truly capable of when the going gets tough. Those are valuable life lessons that can help later on, provided you can find the right attitude to confront today's difficulties.

To be honest, you really don't have the luxury to be bored. Study really hard. Get a scholarship for a good school. Make an ambitious plan where you want to be in five years and try your hardest to stick to it. Spend time with your friends. Some of you might be friends for the rest of your lives.
I aam planning to go Middle east technical university (best university about engineering in turkey) my grades are not that bad. If I cannot go to METU I will go Istanbul technical University. My best wish is work with robotic things. In our school we have a robotic club. One of my friends and i are trying to make mini robots that can do simple things

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I aam planning to go Middle east technical university (best university about engineering in turkey) my grades are not that bad. If I cannot go to METU I will go Istanbul technical University. My best wish is work with robotic things. In our school we have a robotic club. One of my friends and i are trying to make mini robots that can do simple things

That is pretty awesome! Just remember that robotics is a huge field:

remote medical surgery
remote controlled aircraft
bomb disposal
factory assembly lines
prosthetics
self driving cars

and a million other things all involve robotics. No one person can do all those things, so you'll have to choose at some point, and the sooner you know what exactly you'd like to do, and the sooner you set yourself onto a specific path, the better your chances are for success. Not that you need to be in a huge hurry already, but if you already know, then why wait... that is my point.

I just did a quick search for robotics and this company in Istanbul looks pretty cool to me! It's just an example, but if you already know what you want, and you can find the right company, then don't hesitate to get in touch and make yourself known (just something more to do)! :smile:

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital