Do Americans say "goodbye" on the phone or just hit the call end button???

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Texas here, I don't say "goodbye" or any kind of bye. Not even later gator or laterzzz or however the cool kids say it nowadays. I just say ok and I hang up

Weird!!!!!

And in real life? Face to face? When you are on a visit at friends, you just walk out at a random time without a word? Heck no I guess, but why is phone different. It is just as rude in my world. Hanging up in the Netherlands without a proper closing is considered extremely rude and the other person would probably call you back and assume the line dropped or you are looking for a fight.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Weird!!!!!

And in real life? Face to face? When you are on a visit at friends, you just walk out at a random time without a word? Heck no I guess, but why is phone different. It is just as rude in my world. Hanging up in the Netherlands without a proper closing is considered extremely rude and the other person would probably call you back and assume the line dropped or you are looking for a fight.

Same here, but Texas isn't really America, now is it. /s

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in NC, always lived here. We just say "bye". Every now and then "bye-bye". I cant stand when ppl hang up without saying a bye of some kind.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
In the UK its a series of "Ok, see ya later, tara now, bye bye" Just so the other person knows your not rude in putting it down too early! Crazy isn't it, someone's probably done a paper on the science of it haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes