Need help with Laptop Repair/Hardware Damage

aznhomieboi1689

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

For anyone who is more tech savvy than me, please lend me your expertise on PCs/laptops. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop that, I believe, is physically damaged. This occurred from me being clumsy and dropping the laptop onto the hardwood floor while holding it while it was on. There's scratches, of course, but no visible damage on screen or on the laptop itself. It just simply turned off and does not turn on. No matter what I did. Tried everything, it just simply won't turn on any more. Is there a way to salvage this laptop? Would taking it to Best Buy Geek Squad do any good? Don't want to have to waste money unnecessarily if not needed, so wanted to get your opinions. Is the laptop gone to a point of no return?

Thanks for anyone's help!

​~azb

sonekaka

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Take the battery and put it back may solve the issue. Also, try to see if there is anything broken inside. This could be done by gently shaking it to hear any sound of broken parts moving.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Find somewhere that will give you a free, detailed estimate/assessment.
There could be any number of things wrong with it - it's not possible to tell without examining it.

But, be prepared to put a value on your data. By that, I mean that the data on the drive is probably recoverable. Even if the laptop isn't economical/possible to repair. If there's stuff stored on there that you really need to retrieve it may well be possible. It depends what's been damaged in the laptop as to how easy/expensive it may be to recover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2