Apple hates it's old devices.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
At the end of the article, it said that this isn't the first time Apple has been hit with a lawsuit; when iPhone 3G couldn't get iOS 4. I personally don't see anywhere that states Apple intentionally provided this update to force older 4s owners to upgrade, so this will probably get thrown out again.

Also, if people were a little more wise, that should have done an internet search of other 4s owners and find out of this most recent update would drastically affect performance before they allowed that upgrade to download. So owners should a measure of responsibility realizing a 4 year old phone might not always continue to be supported after a while.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you, but why Apple offer it to 4 year old devices anyway? They sure know there update will make the old devices lag, they can just leave them there? I think they intentionally do that. Thinking of the majority who use apple, they would not bother doing research but crave to install the latest update and brag blindly about features other platforms had ages ago...

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
This is something I have been saying for a very long time...... Smartphones make people dumber & lazier; especially here in America. People can no longer think for themselves but let their phones control them.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, FWIW I've seen anecdotal evidence of working 4S's on 9.x. My mother's 4S seems OK on 9.2. She complained about a bit of typing lag at times, but it works.

Apple currently has the title of the longest supported smartphone with the 4S coming out in 2011.

Androids from then are long forgotten, Windows Phones then ran version 7, and we know what happened there.

Probably to achieve multiple ends. Maybe it is a conspiracy, but it's also for user security, image, continuing to support is a solid decision. We're probably starting to see the opposite problem, so much that it becomes a problem, of what Android suffers from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar