Personally, I spend a long time staring at my laptop screen. However, it just occurred to me that it's probably not very good for my posture. Recently, I have been trying to take breaks in between sessions of sitting. How about you?
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-06-2017 11:07 PM
    Hi! I also spend way to much time starring at my laptop screen. I do take lots of breaks however. I really don't have that much to do, and my PC is a great outlet and entertainment for me. I have COPD and not a lot I can do, but I try to help people here on WC, and I help seniors here in my retirement village with their PCs and printers for free. I really enjoy that!
    Thanks for your thread. I hope you get lots of replies!
    Minh Junior Dinh likes this.
    01-06-2017 11:26 PM
    Lol

Right at 37 minutes max.
    Any longer and my back starts to bind plus I usually have to pee about every 30 minutes or so...
    01-07-2017 12:27 AM
    I have no idea. I can sit in the same position for hours half of the time. I try to get up occasionally though.
    01-07-2017 05:47 PM
    Some people go outside, but in Australia... well, it's 35 degrees Celcius.
    01-08-2017 04:07 AM
    Going outside is basically like going into an uncontrolled plague. Yeah....
    holdum333 likes this.
    01-08-2017 04:09 AM
    Sitting can be bad for your back but it can be tolerable. It is not a good position to have yourself in for long periods of time. realized a couple years ago, that the job I have was actually making me worse physically. Two things I've learned. Always remove my wallet before I sit down for long periods of time (car, work, anywhere). Always make time to stay active with some kind of exercise. Maybe guessed it but I work in IT as an admin so my job revolves around my access from a laptop.

Sent from mTalk
    libra89 likes this.
    01-20-2017 03:22 AM
    Good 6 hrs in work time of 9 hrs... I guess that is the cost of my escalating weight
    01-23-2017 06:43 AM
    I've sat in this chair that I'm currently sitting for as long as 16 hours. I was on a Skype call for 2 hours, then doing paperwork for only an hour. After that I was gaming/YouTube watching for the rest of the night until about 9AM. Lol, sometimes I'll sleep in this chair as opposed to sleeping in my bed. I was watching documentaries on EVERYTHING! and I believe I was playing Fallout 4 for the first time. I got up to make breakfast then back to the chair for another few hours,
    libra89 likes this.
    02-08-2017 08:42 PM
    The longest I Sat was probably 6 hours on a plane. I never had a job that I Sat a lot at so I guess I am lucky in that regards.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    02-08-2017 08:53 PM
    Personally, I spend a long time staring at my laptop screen. However, it just occurred to me that it's probably not very good for my posture. Recently, I have been trying to take breaks in between sessions of sitting. How about you?
    It is not good for you. I worked a very physical job for years then moved up to management. Sitting all day banging on a keyboard caused me to get fat and have health issues. Its important to move around frequently. I use a stand up desk and alternate between standing and sitting frequently.
    02-13-2017 11:13 AM
    Well most of my hobbies consist of sitting down on a chair for hours upon hours!

But my job consists of usually moving around quite a bit. So I'm In the mix up of both.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    05-02-2017 08:56 AM
    about 4 hours everyday. i feell back pain
    I'm getting use to the back pain, lol. I try to buy very comfortable chairs with some cushioning, since I'm in a chair most of the day (days I don't work).
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-08-2017 01:15 PM
    The longest I Sat was probably 6 hours on a plane.
    Last year I was on an Emirates flight, nonstop from JFK in New York City to Dubai. It's about a 12 hour flight, and I didn't take my seat belt off until about 9 hours after takeoff. We were somewhere over eastern Turkey. It was probable close to 10 hours after I sat down when boarding. That is way too long!

At work, I seldom sit more than an hour or two without getting up. I don't have much of a problem with weight gain because I'm diabetic, so my diet is quite healthy (mainly no sugar).
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-08-2017 01:43 PM
    I try not to sit for too long at a time. A bad back makes it tough.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-08-2017 03:49 PM
    I work an 8 hour desk job, just standing up walk during my breaks or when we hold meetings and when I have to go to the loo. LOL

Have been doing this for 5 years now, can't wait to move on.
    The effect on me after 5 years was some weight gain, maybe 15 pounds lol
    05-29-2017 10:03 PM
    Last year I was on an Emirates flight, nonstop from JFK in New York City to Dubai. It's about a 12 hour flight, and I didn't take my seat belt off until about 9 hours after takeoff. We were somewhere over eastern Turkey. It was probable close to 10 hours after I sat down when boarding. That is way too long!

At work, I seldom sit more than an hour or two without getting up. I don't have much of a problem with weight gain because I'm diabetic, so my diet is quite healthy (mainly no sugar).
    Try driving to AND from Miami back to upstate New York
    All I can say from that drive is "Never again" lol. (I should've just took the plane ✈️ )
    tgp, Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    05-29-2017 10:23 PM
    I sat for about 7 hours in a row, for a 9 hrs job. Couldn't feel my legs at a moment..
    06-01-2017 04:09 AM
    For about 9 hours. But I stand up every now and then to stretch.
    06-12-2017 05:45 AM
    Same 9 hours.....i just spend my time reading on the PC and eating or cooking. If it wasnt for cooking i'd be stuck on the chair 18 hours straight up.
    06-16-2017 03:50 PM
    Not very long. I have a bad back and, even if I didn't, its not very healthy.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    06-16-2017 05:08 PM
    Actually too long but I try to get up every hour or so and move around and get a drink.
    06-24-2017 04:01 AM
    Maximum I can sit without moving a bit in office hours is maximum 2 hours. Though I work 9 hours a day but I don't gain weight thankfully.
    07-10-2017 06:30 AM
    Basically I spend 4-6 hours sitting at work
    07-10-2017 12:38 PM