How long do you spend sitting in one position?

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I spend a long time staring at my laptop screen. However, it just occurred to me that it's probably not very good for my posture. Recently, I have been trying to take breaks in between sessions of sitting. How about you?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I also spend way to much time starring at my laptop screen. I do take lots of breaks however. I really don't have that much to do, and my PC is a great outlet and entertainment for me. I have COPD and not a lot I can do, but I try to help people here on WC, and I help seniors here in my retirement village with their PCs and printers for free. I really enjoy that!
Thanks for your thread. I hope you get lots of replies!:wink:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol

Right at 37 minutes max.
Any longer and my back starts to bind plus I usually have to pee about every 30 minutes or so...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea. I can sit in the same position for hours half of the time. I try to get up occasionally though.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Sitting can be bad for your back but it can be tolerable. It is not a good position to have yourself in for long periods of time. realized a couple years ago, that the job I have was actually making me worse physically. Two things I've learned. Always remove my wallet before I sit down for long periods of time (car, work, anywhere). Always make time to stay active with some kind of exercise. Maybe guessed it but I work in IT as an admin so my job revolves around my access from a laptop.

Sent from mTalk

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I've sat in this chair that I'm currently sitting for as long as 16 hours. I was on a Skype call for 2 hours, then doing paperwork for only an hour. After that I was gaming/YouTube watching for the rest of the night until about 9AM. Lol, sometimes I'll sleep in this chair as opposed to sleeping in my bed. I was watching documentaries on EVERYTHING! and I believe I was playing Fallout 4 for the first time. I got up to make breakfast then back to the chair for another few hours,

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
The longest I Sat was probably 6 hours on a plane. I never had a job that I Sat a lot at so I guess I am lucky in that regards.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Tim-ANC

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I spend a long time staring at my laptop screen. However, it just occurred to me that it's probably not very good for my posture. Recently, I have been trying to take breaks in between sessions of sitting. How about you?

It is not good for you. I worked a very physical job for years then moved up to management. Sitting all day banging on a keyboard caused me to get fat and have health issues. Its important to move around frequently. I use a stand up desk and alternate between standing and sitting frequently.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Well most of my hobbies consist of sitting down on a chair for hours upon hours!

But my job consists of usually moving around quite a bit. So I'm In the mix up of both.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The longest I Sat was probably 6 hours on a plane.

Last year I was on an Emirates flight, nonstop from JFK in New York City to Dubai. It's about a 12 hour flight, and I didn't take my seat belt off until about 9 hours after takeoff. We were somewhere over eastern Turkey. It was probable close to 10 hours after I sat down when boarding. That is way too long!

At work, I seldom sit more than an hour or two without getting up. I don't have much of a problem with weight gain because I'm diabetic, so my diet is quite healthy (mainly no sugar).

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I work an 8 hour desk job, just standing up walk during my breaks or when we hold meetings and when I have to go to the loo. LOL

Have been doing this for 5 years now, can't wait to move on.
The effect on me after 5 years was some weight gain, maybe 15 pounds lol

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Last year I was on an Emirates flight, nonstop from JFK in New York City to Dubai. It's about a 12 hour flight, and I didn't take my seat belt off until about 9 hours after takeoff. We were somewhere over eastern Turkey. It was probable close to 10 hours after I sat down when boarding. That is way too long!

At work, I seldom sit more than an hour or two without getting up. I don't have much of a problem with weight gain because I'm diabetic, so my diet is quite healthy (mainly no sugar).

Try driving to AND from Miami back to upstate New York
All I can say from that drive is "Never again" lol. (I should've just took the plane ✈️ )

piccoro

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Same 9 hours.....i just spend my time reading on the PC and eating or cooking. If it wasnt for cooking i'd be stuck on the chair 18 hours straight up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital