Are you a data beast?

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a feeling, but no way to prove it, that the average WM user uses less data than Android and iPhone.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

I agree with this 100%. Not only are there less data intensive apps overall, there are also less apps that need to 'phone home' to their servers all the time. Helps for days, battery life and everything in between.

I would venture too say that in the pre Android days BlackBerry users probablyused even less days than Windows phone users...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree with this 100%. Not only are there less data intensive apps overall, there are also less apps that need to 'phone home' to their servers all the time. Helps for days, battery life and everything in between.

I kind of wish that was the case for me, maybe my 950 battery life wouldn't be so lame but it is what it is, I guess.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I use 40 GB (my limit of high speed) every month. I work in an on-call job for the US government so I'm not allowed to use private devices on the work Wi-Fi. So I stay entertained by using my phone all day.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm on latest T-Mobile One plan and blow by the throttling threshold ever month. Have 5 lines and typically fall between 40 to 50 GB of LTE data. Really haven't noticed data slow downs very often.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Using less than 2 gig per month on T-Mobile.
So glad LTE on T-Mo is very fast as of now.

I used to worry about data limits...not so much now frankly.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Data plans here are less straight forward.

I'm on 25GB plan, which is split into 15GB on weekdays and 10GB for weekends... I hardly use more than 12GB in total, so I managed to work out the surplus (usually around 3GB) and share it with the supplementary line used by my wife.

We hardly use the weekend portions cos we're at home drawing from the house WiFi (for the heavy streaming updates and downloads)

Is there any app in the store that can monitor two set of data plan (weekdays & weekends)??

... !

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My plan gives me all you can eat data (30gb for hotspot), 200 min calls and unlimited SMS. It's perfect for me as I don't make a lot of voice calls but use a lot of data. I probably average just over 20gb per month usage because I'm away from wifi during the working day and I'll listen to online radio most of the day, surf the web, social media apps and watch somw videos on YouTube or movies on my TV providers app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes