Hey, I have been reading about social engineering lately mainly because I am getting a lot of phishing emails lately and it has got me anxious. I think my email has got compromised. Now, I read this blog What is Social Engineering on my list and there are different types.

My question is have you ever received such emails or experienced a different type?
    10-05-2017 07:20 AM
    I get scam emails almost every day. Especially those that try to ask you to fill out a form to receive payment, while in real sense they are trying to get to your money account.

My advise is simple:

If you did not sign up for it, trash it. It doesn't get any easier than that
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 07:06 AM
    just mark them as spam. I get dozens a day. I just keep marking them as spam. help you and help the herd.
    11-11-2017 10:20 PM
    Not yet...!!!

The most scariest attempt was a syndicate posing as police. The scammer "senior inspector" from the police central called me up on my phone and asked me if I was so-and-so and if my ID number was 123455etc

The story was they caught a couple of drug dealers, and they recover, amongst other things, photocopies of documents. My details were listed, and the inspector wants me to go to their office in our nations capital for investigations

It was fishy as hell.
    They couldn't spell my name right
    The inspector was speaking in broken English.

I spew up some choice expletives, and basically told him off, and he could come search for me anytime.

... !
    11-12-2017 08:29 AM