Have you ever been scammed?

nickx91

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey, I have been reading about social engineering lately mainly because I am getting a lot of phishing emails lately and it has got me anxious. I think my email has got compromised. Now, I read this blog What is Social Engineering on my list and there are different types.

My question is have you ever received such emails or experienced a different type?

ArtistJD

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
I get scam emails almost every day. Especially those that try to ask you to fill out a form to receive payment, while in real sense they are trying to get to your money account.

My advise is simple:

If you did not sign up for it, trash it. It doesn't get any easier than that

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Not yet...!!!

The most scariest attempt was a syndicate posing as police. The scammer "senior inspector" from the police central called me up on my phone and asked me if I was so-and-so and if my ID number was 123455etc

The story was they caught a couple of drug dealers, and they recover, amongst other things, photocopies of documents. My details were listed, and the inspector wants me to go to their office in our nations capital for investigations

It was fishy as hell.
They couldn't spell my name right
The inspector was speaking in broken English.

I spew up some choice expletives, and basically told him off, and he could come search for me anytime.

... !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon