Downloading from Skydive

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to download a file from skydive, so that it can be opened on the phone. I have two documents that I'd like to view when travelling. One is a powerpoint presentation and the other is a notepad document.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
yea there is, right now u just goto the SkyDrive site as u would on a PC and download the files as if u were on the PC. make sure that IE is set to desktop mode when u do this tho. I recently tried this when I needed to finish a paper for class that I started and uploaded to SkyDrive and it was a success. so its not impossible

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the files loaded to skydrive. Now I want to download it my phone.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
While I love the idea of SkyDrive it is really painful to use right now. Hopefully it will be much better with Mango. I got a Dropbox account (free up to 2GB) and use Pocket Files (0.99) to access my Office, PDF and media files. You can even view a txt file from within the app so no need to download. Much easier to navigate and copy files down to your device. Also easier to move files from any of your PC's up to your DB account. Still can't copy anything but photos from your phone to DB though, same as SkyDrive.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
SkyDrive is vital for me as I run a scout troop it would make communication etc far easier between leaders as we all do shift work so it's hard to get together outside a scout evening.
Dropbox is excellent I use it for a neat little GPS app called Outdoor Trekker which if you do any outdoor activity like hiking/cycling it's a must have if you like to view routes you have taken. This app loads your route onto Dropbox and then you can post it on Facebook etc.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was trying to dump dropbox. I hate having files in so many different locations. I'll give Pocket Files a look until SkyDrive becomes more useful.
While I love the idea of SkyDrive it is really painful to use right now. Hopefully it will be much better with Mango. I got a Dropbox account (free up to 2GB) and use Pocket Files (0.99) to access my Office, PDF and media files. You can even view a txt file from within the app so no need to download. Much easier to navigate and copy files down to your device. Also easier to move files from any of your PC's up to your DB account. Still can't copy anything but photos from your phone to DB though, same as SkyDrive.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I love skydrive so far. I have all my pictures send it automatically. So I don't have to connect my phone or upload them to facebook to see them on my PC. Though the don't look as good =(

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
As the previous posted said, you can do this using your phone's browser. Go to live.com and log in, then select Skydrive from the menu dropdown on the upper-right (I believe). You can browse your files, and open them if the phone supports the file format. Mango will give us much better integration.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
office.live.com opens just fine in IE in mobile mode. Word documents (and possibly others) will open in the broswer with the option to open them in the associated app. OneNote notebooks must be opened in OneNote on the phone and are read-only. I really wish they'd let you share from the mobile site, however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes