Skydrive Niggle

M

mkr10001

I think the office hub needs integrating better. Since to download a file you are taken to a web page, you need to sign in to your live account. I would have thought that I can download directly from the office hub without having to sign in elsewhere. What's the point of the office hub if i could just use the browser anyway?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe you have to sign in only once. From then on (and until the browser cache isn't deleted) you can download directly from SkyDrive through the Office hub. I just tried it and it worked as expected.

M

mkr10001

Just tried again and yes I didn't have to sign in again, but it still takes me to the browser. I'd rather it all be self contained

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Well a picture from Skydrive will be in your Pictures hub, not your Office hub. So you're trying to get the picture into your Office hub now, maybe to add it to a document, correct? Just trying to understand what you need here, that's all.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, OfficeHub is for accessing documents from SkyDrive. To access picture and media, go to the pictures hub, click albums, and go to your skydrive album(s), or any specialty folder names on SKyDrive, etc.

M

mkr10001

Well a picture from Skydrive will be in your Pictures hub, not your Office hub. So you're trying to get the picture into your Office hub now, maybe to add it to a document, correct? Just trying to understand what you need here, that's all.

Yes, OfficeHub is for accessing documents from SkyDrive. To access picture and media, go to the pictures hub, click albums, and go to your skydrive album(s), or any specialty folder names on SKyDrive, etc.

Yeah if I have already downloaded it. I have just uploaded one to the photos folder on skydrive and it isn't showing up in pictures. Are you saying that Pictures from skydrive in the pictures hub updates with what is on my skydrive, or is that where pictures I have downloaded from skydrive go?

Since I had downloaded a picture from my photos folder on skydrive earlier it no longer shows up in the office hub, when I click on skydrive from within the office hub it shows me 'Documents' rather than 'my files'

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
All pictures....whether they be on your skydrive or on your phone, are stored in the Pictures hub. No pictures are stored in the Office hub. If you're looking for a picture, don't look in the Office hub. They won't be there. Office hub is for documents, spreadsheets and OneNote notes. Pictures hub is for.....well......pictures. :)

All pictures that you upload to your Skydrive via a computer, will be accessible through the Pictures hub on your phone. It's not actually stored on your phone, but is accessible (it's stored on Skydrive). If you want something stored locally on your phone, simply access the picture through the Pictures hub, and "save" the picture. This will store a copy of it locally on your phone. Otherwise, all pics are on Skydrive, and fully accessible on your phone (Pictures hub).

All good? :)

M

mkr10001

All pictures....whether they be on your skydrive or on your phone, are stored in the Pictures hub. No pictures are stored in the Office hub. If you're looking for a picture, don't look in the Office hub. They won't be there. Office hub is for documents, spreadsheets and OneNote notes. Pictures hub is for.....well......pictures. :)

All pictures that you upload to your Skydrive via a computer, will be accessible through the Pictures hub on your phone. It's not actually stored on your phone, but is accessible (it's stored on Skydrive). If you want something stored locally on your phone, simply access the picture through the Pictures hub, and "save" the picture. This will store a copy of it locally on your phone. Otherwise, all pics are on Skydrive, and fully accessible on your phone (Pictures hub).

All good? :)

Well, there were pictures in the office hub in the photos folder but they're gone now so it must have just been before it sorted itself out.

Other than that, yes, seems to be OK, I've had to change what I was typing mid sentence because the pictures hub just updated itself which it wasn't doing before.

All seems to be alright now :)

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, there were pictures in the office hub in the photos folder but they're gone now so it must have just been before it sorted itself out.

See, this still confuses me, because as far as I know, there is no photos folder in the Office hub. There's "documents" and "notes". Then there's a "locations" screen which shows "Skydrive", "Phone", "Office 365" and "Sharepoint". But again, these folders all only show documents, notes and spreadsheets that are stored in each respective spot. There's nothing anywhere that says "Photos" that I can see. Maybe I'm missing something.

M

mkr10001

See, this still confuses me, because as far as I know, there is no photos folder in the Office hub. There's "documents" and "notes". Then there's a "locations" screen which shows "Skydrive", "Phone", "Office 365" and "Sharepoint". But again, these folders all only show documents, notes and spreadsheets that are stored in each respective spot. There's nothing anywhere that says "Photos" that I can see. Maybe I'm missing something.

I definitely download a photo from there.

I guess the folders could have popped up the first time before it figured out what each one was for maybe?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon