WP8 and Skydrive

Dale7G

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Soooo,

We all heard the oh my Nokia doesn't have external storage but you do have 7 Gb of storage on skydrive... (actually never got the nokia 920 because of this, but the samsung ativ S)

But what make this so special ? Doesn't anyone with a microsoft account get free 7 Gb as well?

Are we, as WP users, able to add the "incentive" of having skydrive with our WP to and existing skydrive ?

What if I have 2 or more Windows phones? can I combine them?

I heard of the offer of having a 25Gb free upgrade to skydrive users before 2012 or something like that. I was using it as Windows Live mesh even before it was skydrive (no longer supported by WHS V1 grrr) but I dont rem ever being offered a free upgrade.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Skydrive always had 25 free until last year. All you had to do to keep it was click an option. That doesn't exist anymore though.

While anyone can get free 7gb from skydrive, it is mentioned with Windows Phone because it is well integrated, making it quite useful. Some of the features can be used with other OS's but never has cleanly or easily.

Dale7G

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
well still, as a Windows Phone user, it would be nice to offer users with a little more storage than what everyone else can get.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Eh... MS has been offering all services to everyone lately, and they don't use their home field advantage. I would rather they keep to this approach. It's nice to see a company giving equally for the benefit of everyone instead of restricting features and bonuses to only those who bought into one arbitrary platform vs another. An admirable and commendable business practice.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon