Recommendation for inexpensive all-in-one PC needed

DominikHoffmann

Dec 13, 2022
Visit site
I am looking to recommend an inexpensive all-in-one PC for purchase to one of my clients. Ideally, it would be easy to upgrade both storage and RAM, in order to keep up with increasing OS demands over the next few years.

I came across the Dell Optiplex 3280, but there were some nasty 1-star reviews on it on Dell’s own website. It also cannot be purchased with an upgrade to 16 GB of RAM. Crucial does list it as being upgradeable, but I have no idea, how cumbersome that will be. It would hopefully be a lot easier than upgrading the RAM on a 2019 21.5-in iMac, which I have done successfully.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dominik,

Welcome to the WindowsCentral forums!

That's a tough price point to hit with the options your client is wanting and the Dell 3280 isn't a fast computer. If they will ever play games on it, or run any higher performance apps (photoshop, cad, etc).. the performance will be an issue - especially being low out of the box and your client wanting it to last several years.

I honestly don't know of any all-in-ones comparable around that price point. If your client is willing to invest a bit more, you may want to look at the HP Pavilion All-In-One. I didn't do a deep dive in on expandability, but I'd hate coming out of the gate with less than 16GB of RAM. If that price point is a major item and it has to be an all-in-one, I don't see many other options outside of some no-name brands you can find in searches.

Good luck with it! (Hopefully someone else in the forum may have a suggestion too)

(BTW... as a fellow UW alum - GO BADGERS!) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb