My organization is trying to decide whether to have SharePoint or One Drive as a document repository and would like to know what works better considering the below scenarios.

If the person in corporate has files stored in One Drive as a part of the O365 suite and he leaves the organization what happens to the files.

Do they disappear? or still exist

If the above scenario is with SharePoint the files stay, I am aware of that.

Please advise.

Thank You
    01-07-2017 10:29 AM
    Hi Welcome to Windows Central. There are many discussions on the web about this. Here's just one of them. https://support.office.com/en-us/art...5-d52afa0a4a2e
    You can join the forum start a thread and members will give you their opinions on this subject.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...community.html
    01-07-2017 12:24 PM
    @holdum333 I don't think that forum has answers to my question, do you have any other recommendations.
    01-07-2017 01:57 PM
    My organization is trying to decide whether to have SharePoint or One Drive as a document repository and would like to know what works better considering the below scenarios.

If the person in corporate has files stored in One Drive as a part of the O365 suite and he leaves the organization what happens to the files.

Please advise.

Thank You
    01-07-2017 02:03 PM
    @holdum333 I don't think that forum has answers to my question, do you have any other recommendations.
    Hi friend! Sorry, I do not have any more recommendations for you. I don't use off line storage. I prefer my own external drive for storage. I'm just a simple man with a simple plan.
    I'm betting you will get some recommendations from WC members soon. Be patient and other members will reply. Some times weekends are a little slow.
    Thanks for joining the forum! Lots of good stuff here on WC!
    01-07-2017 02:27 PM
    Wait... SharePoint's a thing? Had no idea it existed. I use OneDrive to store my photos and things, it works as intended, I guess.
    01-08-2017 04:12 AM
    If the files are under one, single account, then they will stay (on OneDrive.) Unless it is deleted or moved, the files should stay.
    01-08-2017 04:14 AM

Please advise.

Thank You
    I'm sure some from MS sales team would be glad to answer this.
    Onedrive would be more suitable, where the ORG wants its employees to have a cloud based repository which he/she can access anytime anywhere boosting productivity. the question you raise is valid and I currently am not sure on the answer, so best to reach out to MS rep.

Sharepoint as you already mentioned, doesnt have this problem, and is generally better suited to act as team documents repository with a webpage like feel and easier to navigate.
    01-08-2017 06:55 AM