How do I determine the size of a folder in my OneDrive?

Steve van Ommen

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
How do I determine the size of a folder in my OneDrive? File sizes seem to display okay but not folders. Can't see anywhere to modify such settings?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
On your PC: Right click on the Folder > Properties
in OneDrive: Right Click on the Folder/File and a contextual window should open at right of screen, giving you the info

Steve van Ommen

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I tried right clicking on the folder in OneDrive. A menu comes up, I choose 'details' (the only relevant sub menu) but there is no indication of folder size in the details pane. It gives the type, when modified and the folder path but that's all.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I tried right clicking on the folder in OneDrive. A menu comes up, I choose 'details' (the only relevant sub menu) but there is no indication of folder size in the details pane. It gives the type, when modified and the folder path but that's all.

Steve, when in Onedrive, and right click on a File/Folder; a side panel "should" appear on the right side of the screen, at the bottom of that side panel the should be a Heading: SIZE, that should give you the size of the File/Folder.

IF, when you right click on a File/Folder, AND you don't see the side panel, then LEFT click (not a right click) on "details" and it should bring up the side panel.

Steve van Ommen

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks - that helps determine that our administrator must have something switched off as I have that pane up but it is not showing any size heading.

Steve van Ommen

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Actually according to our administrator, it seems that nothing is switched off - just not a feature available in Onedrive for business ( or at least the version we have access to)

Seeker-Giver

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I got the solution from other website - click on the Gear icon in the top right hand corner and select "Site Settings". Under "Site Collection Administration", select "Storage Metrics". Here you can see your "Site Collection" and then click on "Documents" from list on the screen. nd a break down of per file and folder will be displayed !!

jungwon jin

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
I got the solution from other website - click on the Gear icon in the top right hand corner and select "Site Settings". Under "Site Collection Administration", select "Storage Metrics". Here you can see your "Site Collection" and then click on "Documents" from list on the screen. nd a break down of per file and folder will be displayed !!

You're correct. BUT. I can hardly believe that we can't see any size information for a directory on the list.
Seriously?;; What does MS think?

arpcpro

Mar 4, 2021
Visit site
You're correct. BUT. I can hardly believe that we can't see any size information for a directory on the list.
Seriously?;; What does MS think?

Is there any update on this missing feature?
From the web interface I would like to know at least the number of files inside a folder. When downloading a folder, onedrive compress everything to a zip file. Sometimes the download of this zip file breaks and I cannot be certain if it is complete with all my files inside.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven