MS Windows and the OneDrive problem, what shall I do - please help!

Micropan

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
I use an HP Envy notebook running win8.1. I have never intentionally used OneDrive and apart from a few letters I put there while exploring my machine, years ago, I don't need it, my HD is massive so I don't intentionally save anything to the 'cloud'- don't need to.
Microsoft have just announced recently (as you know), that they are going to 'kill off' the contents of peoples OneDrive account data pretty soon if they don't buy more space, at the moment my OneDrive account is 'freezed'. They say either unfreeze and clear out the content or buy more space, or lose One Drive altogether! Of course this won't affect my needs but will it mess-up my system when they 'destroy' it?? It has a 7.5Gb IMG file in it that I have never even known about! Does Win8.1 use/need anything from OneDrive during normal use?? Do I need to keep/care about it?? Please help - I'm a beginner really. Thankyou for reading.

gunglewack

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Your OneDrive account will be frozen if you don’t use your account for over a year, or if you exceed your OneDrive storage limit for more than three months.

If you don't have enough space on your OneDrive, you can:
Delete some files and folders. View the largest files on your OneDrive.
Free up OneDrive storage by choosing which OneDrive folders to sync with your computer.

You can also move files from insode to OneDrive folders to somewhere else on your PC, but note that these will no longer be protected by cloud storage backup.

Read more at What does it mean when your OneDrive account is frozen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon