32GB Dell Venue 8 Pro for 249.99 @ Microcenter

robjared05

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a no-brainer considering it comes with the full version of Office. I did manage to reserve one even tho I picked one up at Walmart last week for full price. Guess it will be going back to Walmart. $50 saved including tax.
Coming from a Surface RT this tablet almost feels like nothing in your hands which can take a little getting used to. But when I compare the raw speed between the two tablets there's no contest and the screen has a slightly higher DPI though a bit warmer tone.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I picked up one from microcenter for that price and haven't opened it yet. Most likely it will be going back to the store because I purchased it as a Christmas present but not sure if they are going to get it.

TrackSmart

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was tempted by the 32GB model b/c I pass MicroCenter on my way to work everyday (especially the open box deals). However, I knew that I would regret not getting the 64GB version.

If you only plan to use it for light duties, you might be okay with only 32GB of built-in storage, but if you are doing more than that you will hit that 32GB wall very quickly. There's not much free space out-of-the-box. And the Windows OS footprint will grow over time (updates, temporary files, etc). And you probably don't want to install actual programs onto the MicroSD card slot if you can help it for performance and stability reasons.

Still, it is great deal. I just wish there were more good deals on the 64GB version. And that the Dell stylus and case weren't so expensive ($70 for the pair).

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
google/os? What do you think now that you got a google os?

I just wanted a cheap tablet, i traded my ipad one for $200 at target and picked up an ipad air for the wife. If i could have gotten a windows device for that much i would have. The asus memo 7hd at $100 isn't too bad though.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
got my paws on one friday, great device.

pretty speedy, although i havent really put it through anything intensive

looks like the small screen won't be as much of a problem as i thought initially

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
got my paws on one friday, great device.

pretty speedy, although i havent really put it through anything intensive

looks like the small screen won't be as much of a problem as i thought initially

I want that Venue 8 Pro. I think it would be a perfect companion for MetroUI BookVisor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital