DV8P bluetooth BSD! Help!

Kosst Amojan

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
So I love my DV8P and I just tried to pair a bluetooth mouse to it (Razer Orochi). Was easy to do and worked perfectly fine for about 30 seconds before is just disconnected by itself. Looked around and saw that this was a common problem on Windows 8.1 and the solution was on my mouses bluetooth settings in the Control Panel. There is a box you can uncheck that says "allow the computer to turn off this device". However whenever I uncheck that box I immediately get the BSOD, crashes every time. Yes I updated the driver but it still happens, any suggestions?

neoego

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem, no BSOD though. Just received my Venue 8 Pro yesterday. I bought a Razer Orochi 2013 mouse to go with it. It pairs and then immediately disconnects. If I turn the mouse off and on again, it will reconnect and work for about 10 seconds before disconnecting again. I've tried unchecking the box to allow Windows to turn off the Bluetooth radio--didn't seem to make a difference. I know Bluetooth works because I'm using a Microsoft Wedge keyboard to type this right now. I know the mouse works at least somewhat because I've tried it with USB on my desktop machine and I was also able to pair it with my phone (Nexus 5) and use it with no issue. I've updated to all the latest drivers and firmwares on Dell's site and I've tried to update the firmware on the mouse, but the firmware update utility on Razer's site seems to be for the old non-2013 version only because it says that no Orochi device was found even though the mouse is plugged in via USB and working.

Is anyone having success using an Orochi with their VP8? I don't know if I should try to get a replacement or if I should just return it and find a different BT mouse.

arrowgamer

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a razer orochi 2013 and am facing the very same issues on my venue 8. It's a shame, as I bought it specifically to use with the venue 8. Upon doing some research, I found numerous people running into very similar issues upon switching to Windows 8.1, but their solutions of installing a slightly older version of the AR3002 drivers did not work for me.

I know my mouse works as it functions just fine on my android tablet, and I've ensured all devices are set to not sleep for power savings (even the orochi, which normally results in a bsod), and I updated my drivers/chipsets.

This is really a shame, because I've no solution =/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon