Navigating on a small screen

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got my DVP 8 yesterday and I really like the ideal of a full Windows experience on a smaller portable device. The only thing is navigation. I am not sure how well W8 was designed for this screen. The 2 issues that I am trying to work around is;
1. I must have fat fingers because I have such a hard time selecting things like the X to close programs or to select multiple files in the folder. I never seem to hit the right one I am choosing. I know this can be resolved with the digital pen which I have coming but are there any tricks to navigation with fingers on such a small screen?
2. The other thing I notice is the keyboard really gets in the way when typing. It seems to take up half the screen which can be a problem when filling in forms because the keyboard blocks half the form.

I am very new to W8 using a touch screen so maybe I am missing something. How is everyone else handling the navigation on such a small screen. I was looking at my friends Surface Pro and I have to say even with a slightly bigger screen, it does not seem to be any better.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I would like the keyboard opacity to be editable so you could see through it,, for 1 though try setting dpi to 125% this helps ALOT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes