My DVP is Gone .. Replacing it w/ the 8" Asus VivoTab

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The day after returning it to the store I was missing it a little, but I had to do it .. I love writing on my tablets. Dell was the smallest Tablet with a stylus. even though i knew in advance the stylus was bad, i had to see for myself. I learned with the Dell Streak that when their computers or phones have problems, rather than fixing the problem they discontinue it. you will probably see that with the Stylus etc on the Venue. Then i looked at what new gadgets were shown at the CES show last weekend. I saw the Asus VivoTab Note. Not exactly sure what the exact name is, but check out videos on youtube. Took me a while to find who is going to be selling it. found a link and preordered one. Uses the Wacom stylus.

Any way .. pre-orders being taken here.
ASUS VivoTab Note 8 32GB Windows 8.1 Tablet - Black. ASUS M80TA-B1-BK

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds interesting. I'm starting to see you just never know what problem a product my have until they hit the masses. I hope this is as good as it sounds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am going to wait a bit and hang onto the V8P for now. Who knows what kind of issues the Asus might have.

My pen is actually working well right now, I wrote this whole message using it without having to correct a single error, probably better than I could have done with the onscreen keyboard.

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the pen for the V8P and to my surprise it works great. It's the damn touch sensitivity issue that is the real problem with it. I have until Jan 31st to return it to Amazon so we'll see if Dell fixes it by then. If not, I have my eye on the Lenovo ThinkPad 8. It doesn't have stylus support but it does have a faster processor. The Asus looks real nice but it's supposedly not coming out until March or April so it really isn't an option for me, I'm not good at waiting. Plus, Asus is real hit or miss with build quality. I want something at least as nice as the Dell.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the pen also for the DVP8. Not having any of the problems some people said they were having like the tip falling off or being loose. I did the update from 1/4/2014 and it made touch worse than it was before, in fact VERY BAD, completely unusable. So I restored my computer back to a time before the 1/4/2014 update. Everything was working a little problematic but not bad, like it was before the update. I then decided to try and install the update again. The update said "necessary update" or something like that. So I am back to before I installed the update, downloaded and tried to reinstall it. When I did that the computer says I already have that update. That should have been impossible because I restore to the end of December. I thought the only thing left to do was go back to factory settings, and I did. I had to make up my mind about keeping it or returning it because 1/5/2014 was the return deadline. Had to go someplace so my plan was to turn off the computer and install when I got back. The problem then was I could not turn the computer off. Held the button down for about a minute .. tried combinations of other buttons. I guess the buttons had quit working. I took it back. In the past I swore I would never again buy anything that didn't have a removable battery. In the past year or longer, I haven't kept my promise to myself. It really is important when you can't reboot. I would love to have the Lenovo but I write A LOT on the screen. 8" might be a little difficult to write on. Didn't have much of a chance to test it .. The very best laptop / tablet that I have ever known was a Lenovo. It was a convertible laptop. Laptop, tablet combo.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I am very surprised. I posted this a week ago and went back to the order page and found this notice.

"This product is not available and cannot be purchased. It has been discontinued by the manufacturer or vendor."

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am very surprised. I posted this a week ago and went back to the order page and found this notice.

"This product is not available and cannot be purchased. It has been discontinued by the manufacturer or vendor."
That's interesting. I just checked asus.com, and they don't have it listed on their official site either.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am going to wait a bit and hang onto the V8P for now. Who knows what kind of issues the Asus might have.

My pen is actually working well right now, I wrote this whole message using it without having to correct a single error, probably better than I could have done with the onscreen keyboard.

Well I decided to return my pro due to wifi issues and a strange screen flicker. I bought another off ebay for a lot less since I just will use this for reading my online books for class and media content. I bought the Sony vaio tap 11 and that's working great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit