Can't move OneDrive folder to SD card?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I cannot seem to setup the OneDrive folder onto my SD card on an HP Stream 7. Worked fine in 8.1, any tips would be appreciated!

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't mice OneDrive folder to SD card?

same with me, might be a limitation of the onedrive app. I also need an offline copy of my onedrive, and my 64gb surface wont cut it :(

lets hope the fix/implement it again

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

You've got to mount the SD Card in a folder on your C Drive. I created a folder called "SD-CARD" in the following path: C:\Users\"User Name"\, then went into Computer Management, right clicked on the SD Card, removed the Drive Letter for it (in my case it was "D:", then mounted that card in the folder path C:\Users\"User Name"\SD-CARD and then went back to my OneDrive setup, navigated to that new directory and everything is all good, now. Don't forget to use the Context Menu in the File Explorer to move all of your other personal folders like Videos, Music, Documents, Favorites, Downloads to this new path as well, that is, if you are space conscious.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

You've got to mount the SD Card in a folder on your C Drive. I created a folder called "SD-CARD" in the following path: C:\Users\"User Name"\, then went into Computer Management, right clicked on the SD Card, removed the Drive Letter for it (in my case it was "D:", then mounted that card in the folder path C:\Users\"User Name"\SD-CARD and then went back to my OneDrive setup, navigated to that new directory and everything is all good, now. Don't forget to use the Context Menu in the File Explorer to move all of your other personal folders like Videos, Music, Documents, Favorites, Downloads to this new path as well, that is, if you are space conscious.

Hey thanks, I'll try that out!

VB80

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

I have a hp stream 7 too, do you guys have the rotation option in build 10240? I don't, hope someone can help. Thanks in adanced!

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I did this, but it appears tp still use C drive space, unless file explorer is lying to me. Definitely mounted the SD card as a volume within the C drive and setup OneDrive to use that volume....strange.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Correct, sir. I setup my OneDrive in this manner on my Surface RT, then my Nokia 2520 and now the Surface 3 and it is a solid solution, albeit for power users like us. It unfortunately doesn't change the size of your C Drive (I wish it did) but it works great...Windows continues to lie to us on this one!

killian8

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Same for me. It is an empty 64GB card but shows I only have what is available on the C: drive. I think I mounted it correctly but wondering if I missed a step.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Correct, sir. I setup my OneDrive in this manner on my Surface RT, then my Nokia 2520 and now the Surface 3 and it is a solid solution, albeit for power users like us. It unfortunately doesn't change the size of your C Drive (I wish it did) but it works great...Windows continues to lie to us on this one!

So you're saying that it's working, just that file explorer is lying? Wouldn't surprise me. :)

bpcooper14

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I had the same question. Rotation lock appears in the action center on my Thinkpad tablet 2 but not in the Stream 7

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

thanks ill have a go doing that

EDIT: Thank you this worked. Unfortunately, it appears you can only mount the SD card under your user profile for one drive storage. It appears you cant store onedrive local cache anywhere else - for now.

Last edited:

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Can't get OneDrive to do anything on my Acer Iconia W3. Opening it just lists a single system file with a random stream of characters as its name. I tried running the OneDrive settings app that's hidden with the installation files, but it doesn't do anything. There's no obvious way to change the OneDrive settings, either.

I should point out that I tried to set the default directory for OD as my SD card. It saved a folder there, but then told me to choose another location.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

I had to mount the SD card into the C drive as a folder to be able to set OneDrive folder there. I saw another solution when you create a VHD, then also reported free space should be correct. I did not have time to try this though. There are settings for a OneDrive. You need to right-click on a OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area and select Settings. To change the location you need to unlink the current folder first. But I have no idea why MS would change the OneDrive behaviour. They had a perfect solution in 8.1, placeholders and everything.

ayrachmat

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
I did this, but it appears tp still use C drive space, unless file explorer is lying to me. Definitely mounted the SD card as a volume within the C drive and setup OneDrive to use that volume....strange.
yes, i already tried. its still under C: drive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon