The insanity

rgraines

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I love the Surround itself, but not the OS. I expected a juiced up revision of WM 6.X. But instead it went the other direction. Don't get me wrong, it has some nice features and its pretty, but we lost a lot of features and control. My 2 biggest issues are no tethering (as was promised) and no retro fit of the WM 6.X programs. Instead we get a lot of apps that are "flashlights" and "calorie counters". Where's my Sirius Radio, URL programmable media players, true multitasking and collective IM programs? HTC, I will say the Surround is a bear to hack! But that just makes it harder to make the changes I need.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
tethering was never promised, microsoft always said it would be a carrier decision and it's buried in there as evidenced by it being hacked already on a couple of the phones.
Its pretty obvious by your post that you read nothing about wp7 before purchase. We knew that winmo 6.5 apps would not be compatible and that multitasking would not be there for 3rd party apps at launch.
Microsoft decided it needed a clean start for wp7, much like palm did with webOS. It will take time for some apps to get here. We never had an official sirius app for winmo though SX2 was a nice program. Sirius was noncommital when I emailed them last week in regards to a wp7 app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes