People Hub

dogdude16

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new here and am looking at buying a Samsung Focus or Captivate, but I have a couple questions for owners of a WP7.

When you connect your phone to your facebook account, does the contacts list populate automatically with my facebook friends. If so can I delete them. I was wondering about it, because I don't want everyone on facebook to be in my contacts.

Another question, since my phone will be tied in to facebook, will I still receive notifications on facebook.com if my phone is constantly being updated from facebook?

Thanks in advance

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
1. You have the option to limit the facebook contact autopopulation to only those individuals that are already listed in your contacts. Thus, if you bring over your phonebook from google or windows live, facebook will only populate those individuals with information.

2. Yes, you still receive notifications. To turn them on/off it would be on the facebook website settings for mobile notifications. There is also a dedicated facebook app

dogdude16

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello again, I got the phone and like it but I need some help.

I added my windows live account to the xbox hub and it synced my contacts with my people hub. How do I turn that auto populate feature off for any email accounts and facebook. When I go to delete the contacts it added from my email account, it says it will delete them on the phone and the email. Is it possible to delete it only from my phone?

I like the phone so far, but its really annoying how it does something with out asking and I can seem to figure out how to turn that feature off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss