04-05-2011 01:34 AM
27 12
tools
    When I tried the arrive out I noticed texts from my wife were doing this. She uses a multimedia/messaging phone. I dove into her settings and actually found a "send callback number" setting which was checked for her. I unchecked it and I haven't had it show up since. The weird thing is that when I was using a different phone other than the arrive this never happened. Must be something the Arrive is set up to receive that other phones aren't.
    04-04-2011 01:29 AM
    When I tried the arrive out I noticed texts from my wife were doing this. She uses a multimedia/messaging phone. I dove into her settings and actually found a "send callback number" setting which was checked for her.
    Yep, that's it. Mystery solved. Appears to be a featurephone setting on a lot of phones. Had my friend find it on her LG Rumor, change it from "My Phone Number" to "None", she sent me a message, no callback string.

And the answer to why I never saw it on Android's got to be "most modern phones just ignore it since the damn number is sent as part of the SMS message format anyhow, so it's mostly useless information."

I can sleep now. ;)
    Last edited by clemon79; 04-05-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    04-05-2011 01:34 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD