restore from back up?

fernandez21

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have an HTC surround which I had swapped for a new one today. I connected it to zune expecting to be able to restore from the last time I sync, however it is recognized as a different phone. Is there a way to transfer all my settings and such from the back up of the old phone over to the new one? thanks.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you name your first phone? Did you try renaming your new one to the same name?

I haven't had to swap phones but I do remember factory resetting my Samsung Focus a while back and the software not recognizing the phone until I renamed it to what it was originally

hope that helps

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I hard reset my Surround a few weeks ago and made sure to name it exactly the way it way before, but nothing auto synced. So I had to select all my music, photos and videos again. It also overwrote my synced Camera Roll and Saved Pictures folder. It did bring over 26 of my 160 apps, but several I had previously deleted and many were trials of apps I later purchased. The Zune sync step took me about 45 minutes, where I thought it would take much less.

But to answer the original question, Zune sync is oly for your media; music, photos & video, so it all not sync apps, data in apps or settings. The good news is there are very few settings to save. I try to use apps that store info in the Cloud or sync with SkyDrive or Dropbox so I dont lose important stuff after a hard reset.

Of you sync your old phone, make sure you backup your photos: My Documents/Pictures/Zune or they will be overwritten when you sync the new device.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Neofire

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There is no official backup for wp7 users. sorry man, cause it sucks after installing a card into my focus i hit this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra