WP7 Square Credit Card Reader App?

DK

May 8, 2011
Visit site
First off, I would like to say that I am new to WP7 coming from webOS and I love WP7 so far. I miss multitasking a lot but I love how smooth the UI is.

Anyway, I just picked up the Square credit card reader today for my ipod touch but I really would rather use it with my phone. Does anyone else have the Square? And is there anyway that we could pressure them to make an app for wp7??

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the WP family. It is mighty nice on this side.

If I were you, I'd ask them on twitter or go to their site and see if they have a contact us.

Big Simon

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I just asked that very question. Here's the reply I got from the Square support team.

Thanks for writing in! Right now, we only support the iOS and Android platforms. You can find a list of specific devices here: https://help.squareup.com/customer/portal/articles/11845-is-my-device-supported-with-square-

We don't have any current plans to support any other types of platforms beyond iOS and Android. Should this change in the future, we'll be sure to announce it. Keep an eye out for updates!

Francis
Square Support​

Too bad, really. It means I need to keep my iPod with me all the time now, too.

joeonsunset

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Square reader should work with Windows Phone

It should be possible for another developer to write an app that reads the Square reader data. The reader is just converting the data on the strip to audio and passing it to the mic-in port, which is then read by the application.

Intuit GoPayments could do this (not likely to). There is also Dwolla on Windows Phone (though they don't do credit cards, I don't think.)

Hopefully someone will step up to the plate for us!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99