AT&T Windows Phone Youtube streaming issues?

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person having issues streaming Youtube videos with AT&T? I have an LG Quantum, and I am in the Knoxville, TN area. At first I thought it was a congestion issue because it seemed to around the same time every night. But now it has gotten to the point that I can only successfully watch a youtube video about 20% of the time. And it makes no difference which app I use. I've got Supertube, LazyTube, and Eztube installed and all 3 behave exactly the same. They may show me the first frame of the video after 20-30 seconds of buffering, then buffer 5% of the video (if I'm lucky), then that's it, nothing more.

Occasionally (my 20% estimate is being generous), a video will actually stream all the way through without a hitch. But there's no rhyme or reason as to why. This all started about a month ago I think and it's gotten worse over time. It got so bad that I paid for the full version of Supertube just so I could download videos to watch since streaming was virtually impossible, but now even downloading a video takes 20+ attempts.

The strange part about all of this is that I can sit in the exact same spot and stream Netflix, Slacker, Soundtracker, TuneIn Radio, Radio Hub, Cartoon TV, etc. just fine without any buffering or stuttering. So, any ideas on what the source of my problem could be?

Should I be complaining to AT&T, LG, Microsoft, all of the youtube app developers, or Google (who owns Youtube right?).

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Strangely, ever since I posted this, youtube performance started improving gradually until now I rarely have any problems. The times that I tried to use Wi-Fi to test your theory, our home ISP was actually having issues as well so it wouldn't work that way either. Even our Comcast On Demand service was extremely slow to load and was even giving error messages half the time and stuttering during playback. Nowadays, everything seems to be working better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon