WP7, third eco-system...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
can it be? of course it can... analyst have finally confirmed that wp7 is a 3rd ecosystem along with android and iphone... to me it doesnt compare, as a "samsung lovin user" once stated, xbox 360 + pc + wp7 = best eosystem. i agree... they are saying due to googles purchase of motorola, major oem's need to pay more attention to windows phones. so maybe that could have been a good thing for MS after all...

just throwin a couple of more features and it is not even comparable

Analysts confirm Windows Phone 7 as the 3rd ecosystem, but remain guarded | WMPoweruser

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
For me Windows Phone 7 just adds to the ecosystem Microsoft already had. I didn't realize how vested I am in Microsofts system. Obviously I have several PC's in the house running Windows 7, one of them being a HTPC with Windows Media Center which controls media throughout my house via Media Center Extenders. I use Live services daily with email, calendar, and skydrive. I also have an xbox 360 which I use primarly for gaming but it also acts as a Media Center Extender if I need it to. It's awesome to see how all these are starting to work together and compliment each other quite nicely.

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea it's cool Microsoft's services are starting to mend together. It's kind of how Apple was a few years ago. You'd have your iPhone, iPod and Apple TV and PC all connected and integrated. Microsoft used to always reinvent the wheel for every platform they created.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The 10 year Internet Explorer anti-trust suit being lifted in May of this year allows MS to start integrating all their services & devices. Its going to be pretty impressive over the next year to see what they do.

The Giant has awoken ;p

I don't think anybody will be able to match Microsoft's overall ecosystem, and while they may have done them "late", they are doing tablets right with Windows 8. While they may be the "3rd" ecosystem, eventually they will overtake much more than people realize in the mobile space. I have no doubt in the long term they will overtake iOS.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
iOS's marketshare is slowly being chipped away. It could be people are waiting for the new iPhone, but the market is claiming it's because of Android.

The anti-trust suite may have limited Microsoft's ability to innovate and it going away could change all of that. I remember a few years ago any new feature MS added to a new OS would cause multiple companies to scream anti-trust. Like when Microsoft was trying to make Vista mor secure, the anti-virus vendors made a big fuss about it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with WP7 being the third eco system as long as sales are good and MS is making money. WP7 is already a wonderful platform and is a couple of months away from being a great platform. We got the software, now the sales just gotta catch up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs