My WP7 review

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did - in the other thread it was mentioned in. But in a nutshell: considerably better access across different systems in Gmail (MS only released a Hotmail app for Android last month and there still isn't one for the iPhone, so on many systems you're stuck to a basic mobile version of the site), better layout in Gmail (Hotmail crams extra adverts down the side of the screen so you get less of your folder/message header), cleaner logout in Gmail (no being redirected to the MS homepage), easier login with Gmail (hotmail requires your whole email address rather than just the part before "@"), Gmail lab plug-ins (for reminders not to send messages without attachments etc. - very handy), better browser-independent coding in Gmail - logging out of Hotmail on Chrome or Safari throws up error messages about site security *every single time*, better layout in Gmail and easier to access settings/controls, Gmail has drag and drop adding of attachments, and it also has better spam filters.

Will that do you?

EDIT: oh, and Gmail notifier for the desktop.

want to know y u have to put everything for hotmail? because hotmail has more than one domain whereas Gmail just has Gmail. hotmail has @hotmail ,@live and @msn. even yahoo mail now has multiple domains (@yahoo,@ymail and @rocketmail) so that comparison was ridiculous. also if u pin hotmail to the windows 7 taskbar u can get notified of new emails in the same fashion as wp7. but u don't have a PC so u won't understand that.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh well that clearly makes Hotmail much better than Gmail then. You know - apart from all the other things that I mentioned.

And the comparison wasn't ridiculous because it's valid. If I go to the hotmail.com website, what do you think I want to log into? @msn? It could at least be set to default to have @hotmail.com in place if you actually GO to hotmail.com. But no that'd be too easy. And I understand the taskbar pinning thing perfectly, but it's no use to me, is it? Whereas you can get Gmail notifiers on Mac or PC because Google realise it isn't 1999 and cross-platform compatibility helps keep your customers happy and attract new ones.

Anyway, I think we've pretty much established that Gmail > Hotmail, so I suggest we leave it before everyone gets bored. I know I am.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital