PCWorld: 30days with WP7

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Why is he reviewing a NoDo device? It's not much better than the Surround he reviewed back in November, which he didn't like. Nothing is going to change without Mango. That blog is already set to fail WP7.

Sparxy19

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Why is he reviewing a NoDo device? It's not much better than the Surround he reviewed back in November, which he didn't like. Nothing is going to change without Mango. That blog is already set to fail WP7.

Its very unlikely that it will fIL WP just because he is reveiwing a NoDo device, especially if he liked it. Imagine how much he would love mango!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Its very unlikely that it will fIL WP just because he is reveiwing a NoDo device, especially if he liked it. Imagine how much he would love mango!

But he already reviewed a Surround back in November and didn't like it. Not much difference from first release to NoDo.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
That's true but he already admitted that the hardware can make a difference (I think he said that in day 1 or 2)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
In one of the other installments he said that a Mango device has been sent to him. He thought the Focus, so WP7 should get a fair shake.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think if anyone is to review a WP7 phone it should be on a Focus. I have a Surround since December, and just got my wife a Focus a week ago. Man that Focus screen is beautiful next to my Surround! It really does add to the Metro experience. When it's time for me to upgrade, my next phone will definitely be a Sammy with SAMOLED.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think if anyone is to review a WP7 phone it should be on a Focus. I have a Surround since December, and just got my wife a Focus a week ago. Man that Focus screen is beautiful next to my Surround! It really does add to the Metro experience. When it's time for me to upgrade, my next phone will definitely be a Sammy with SAMOLED.

I think Microsoft should make Super AMOLED or higher a hardware requirement. This OS was made for that type of color and sharpness. It's depressing when I see that screen up against my HD7. Whoever gets that new Samsung device will be my next carrier.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Focus isn't the only WP7 device out there. Limiting reviews to just that phone is unjust.

Reactions: VernonEL

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

lmao , i remember you talking smack about the SAMSUNG phones and the screen lol ... way back when we we all first joined hehehe... glad to see you wanting to come to the DARK SIDE!! lol

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure that other phone OEMs would love to put SAMOLED screens on their phones. But right now, Samsung isn't selling them to other OEMs.

It's not some selfish thing on their part. But they found that they couldn't provide enough supply to meet demand. And providing SAMOLED to other OEMs made it so that they wouldn't be able to put SAMOLED on all of their phones. So they're in the process of building more factories right now.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
im still not ready to buy another samsung... but if they get mango when htc does, i just may be ready to crack for that beautiful screen. maybe the are just REALLY slow with their updates on android becsause of its fragmented software... maybe updates on wp7 are all released at the sametime because of its controlled OS... time will tell, hopefully only a few weeks away

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
lmao , i remember you talking smack about the SAMSUNG phones and the screen lol ... way back when we we all first joined hehehe... glad to see you wanting to come to the DARK SIDE!! lol

Hahaha! I knew you'd call me out! I wasn't really talking crap about the Focus. I was more trying to fend YOU off! LOL. Still happy with my surround, coz I think the speakers add value to how I use the phone. But if the purpose is to show off the OS and phone, then I think sharp looking screen goes a long way on first impressions.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I'll be going back to Samsung due to the same reason. IDK what it is, but they seem to have problems with updates, no matter what the OS is.
im still not ready to buy another samsung... but if they get mango when htc does, i just may be ready to crack for that beautiful screen. maybe the are just REALLY slow with their updates on android becsause of its fragmented software... maybe updates on wp7 are all released at the sametime because of its controlled OS... time will tell, hopefully only a few weeks away

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't think I'll be going back to Samsung due to the same reason. IDK what it is, but they seem to have problems with updates, no matter what the OS is.

This is true. But since I've installed RTM in both my Surround and wife's Focus with success. I suspect I will never be waiting for an official update very often.

Yakolev

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Samsung and Nokia seem to have a duopoly on OLED/AMOLED screens, which I great for those companies, but that does mean the other companies are a little lacking.

My CBD Amoled Nokia E7 beats the **** out of my HTC Mozarts screen, which is one of the reasons why I'm using it. So I'm hoping Nokia will release a great QWERTY Windows Phone sometime next year.

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am a webos refugee. Been checking in to wpcentral to try an get familiar with wp7. About the screen issue: I thought I saw in the review of the htc titan that the screen was more vibrant than the samsung (focus?). Any thoughts on this?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I am a webos refugee. Been checking in to wpcentral to try an get familiar with wp7. About the screen issue: I thought I saw in the review of the htc titan that the screen was more vibrant than the samsung (focus?). Any thoughts on this?
I wouldn't have thought it possible to have a more vibrant screen than a Super AMOLED (My Omnia 7), but then again i've never seen an Super LCD screen. Interesting. (Not convinced until i see it for myself lol) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism