Zune doesn't know maths...

Lord Panos

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
The reserved space my phone has because of zune is 7,3 GB (!) so I can't put anymore stuff via pc...
To fix it I went to the settings/reserved space and put the option 1% but still nothing happened.

Any help?

Thanks!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is Zune saying that space if taken? That's most likely you're apps and games. They need to update Zune to show Apps and Games and let us manage them from Zune. I'd like to see where all my space is going.

Reactions: VernonEL

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've Had the Same "Issue"

The reserved space my phone has because of zune is 7,3 GB (!) so I can't put anymore stuff via pc...
To fix it I went to the settings/reserved space and put the option 1% but still nothing happened.

Any help?

Thanks!
My Quantum showed the same thing at one time.
GaMMa is right, you may actually have that many games and that much extra stuff stored directly to your phone that does not fall into the category of mucis, pictures, podcasts, or videos.

It sounds like it may be something else though. This is what I came up with:

I downloaded alot of songs directly to my phone with the Zune pass. I must not have realized how much. I had TONS of music synced up, but Zune only showed a gig or so of "music".
I'm not sure why I did it, but I selected all music on my Quantum and copied to my PC. Now, I thought that it did that each time I synced, but apparently it didn't. Then I deleted all music from my Quantum, and the used space dropped from about 14.5 to about 3 GBs. That did it!
I then just selected all of the music that I actually wanted for syncing. I usually have about 4 gigs worth of music on my device and after podcasts, music, pictures, video and the "reserved space" I still usually have 4 to 6 gigs available.

Now the other thing that seems to mess with it is that little phrase "and other devices". I have found that if I sync 2GB of music to my phone while on my PC under my profile, and then synced with Zune while in another user's profile, it recognizes that music as from an "other device".

I know that that explaination nay be confusing, and trust me, it was written in a hurry, but does that make sense?

I hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo