new to wp7

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am currently a Blackberry owner, and my upgrade is next month. I can't wait to run as fast as I can away from the Blackberry platform. I have looked at an IPhone, and I find myself just being to bored with the whole thing. Yea they have more apps then any OS currently in the market, but apps don't really play a big part of my experience on a phone. I just need the basics of apps, facebook, twitter, maps, and of course netflix. Android to me seems over rated, and it seems that although they have some really power user phones available, it just seems like the OS is really unstable. When I was at the androidcentral forum, and reviews of the android phones that I have seen on best buy, that people bring back 1 to 2 phones with every new purchase. I think the cell phone makers are pushing android phones out way to fast. Sorry for this long post, but I think with the WP7 platform, I have found that happy medium. When I played with the Samsung Focus the other day at AT&T, it was an amazing experience, so damn smooth, AMAZING! I am so excited for the future of this platform! Sorry to waste a post on the fourm. Just thought I would share a refugee thoughts :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
HEY.. and WELCOME TO THE TEAM!! :)
and dont worry about the * long post* your gona see ALLOT of that around here . hahaha allot of things on peoples minds!!

don’t worry about the apps.. most of the tops and most used Iphone/android apps have been or will be ported over in time ( im sort expecting a UGE app over flow once mango comes otu )

honestly the only Droid worth it right now is the Gs2... its prety nice .. and as for the Over all HWD saying android is better.. your right .. but ALL the Unstable problems related to the ANDROID OS .... you can give it a quad-core and it would still crash once a day and be chooppy... Android is just a Open source that any BAD programmer can play with and 99,99% of the time they are bad at coding witch makes things buggy,. lol

the FOCUS is a amazing phone ( i use it :p ) hehe ... but you should probly wait for the FOCUS S witch is probly coming out in about a month... (focus S should come around the same time as your Upgrade)

P.S beet you to it TheWeeBear!! ;)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes a warm welcome to WPC duke1231, always nice to see new users joining in the WP7 fun.

I'm behaving myself for a wee while Se1fcr3ation, but don't worry i'll be back annoying everyone soon no doubt. ;)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. That Focus S looks sweet.

If you're willing to shell out the cash, it may be worth the wait.

But with the regular Focus being practically free with contract, it's a touch choice!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. That Focus S looks sweet.

If you're willing to shell out the cash, it may be worth the wait.

But with the regular Focus being practically free with contract, it's a touch choice!

Yep. I got my Focus for free a couple of weeks ago and don't regret it one bit. It will be running Mango by the end of the year just like all the other WP phones so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Heck of a deal if you're not inclined to wait it out. You certainly can't beat the price tag! I also jumped ship from BB and I feel like someone suddenly opened the shades and let the sun come pouring in. What a difference! Loving the whole WP7 experience so far.

Welcome to the forums!

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
> I just need the basics of apps, facebook, twitter, maps, and of course netflix.

well If you're looking for those things.. and of course *stability*.. you've come to the right place.. I've used a lot of gadgets.. but my WP7 (nodo) is the most stable.. I can't recall a single OS crash (some apps do crash, but not WP7) or situation where I needed to restart my HD7... It is just very solid and stable.

The only weak part I guess will be maps...

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am currently a Blackberry owner, and my upgrade is next month. I can't wait to run as fast as I can away from the Blackberry platform. I have looked at an IPhone, and I find myself just being to bored with the whole thing. Yea they have more apps then any OS currently in the market, but apps don't really play a big part of my experience on a phone. I just need the basics of apps, facebook, twitter, maps, and of course netflix. Android to me seems over rated, and it seems that although they have some really power user phones available, it just seems like the OS is really unstable. When I was at the androidcentral forum, and reviews of the android phones that I have seen on best buy, that people bring back 1 to 2 phones with every new purchase. I think the cell phone makers are pushing android phones out way to fast. Sorry for this long post, but I think with the WP7 platform, I have found that happy medium. When I played with the Samsung Focus the other day at AT&T, it was an amazing experience, so damn smooth, AMAZING! I am so excited for the future of this platform! Sorry to waste a post on the fourm. Just thought I would share a refugee thoughts :)

Welcome sir.

Do you know all about the features coming in Windows Phone 7.5/Mango? If not, here's a link showing off most of what you need to know: Joe Belfiore shows off Windows Phone Mango - YouTube

Be sure to come back and tell us how you're liking your Windows Phone when you get it!

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
wow! I have been on a lot of forums for different types of hobbies, but you guys are great, and answer me back in a timely manner :) I drive tractor trailer locally in my area, and I was at work today when Joe belfiore announced the official release of mango. I wasn't driving of course, but I just about screamed out loud. I'll tell you what though, as much as I am not an android person, the GS2 looks really good, and keeps calling my name like a siren :) please talk me down from the ledge lol.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
wow! I have been on a lot of forums for different types of hobbies, but you guys are great, and answer me back in a timely manner :) I drive tractor trailer locally in my area, and I was at work today when Joe belfiore announced the official release of mango. I wasn't driving of course, but I just about screamed out loud. I'll tell you what though, as much as I am not an android person, the GS2 looks really good, and keeps calling my name like a siren :) please talk me down from the ledge lol.

Haha, go ahead and buy the GS2... IF you don't mind reading through those other forums trying to figure out how to root your phone just to remove that POS skin called touchwiz.

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol!! Well now I have to get the samsung focus current, because my wife just dropped her iPhone 4 lol. So now I am going to go on eBay, and buy a 200 hundred dollar samsung focus. I was going to use my wife's upgrade to get my new phone but now she has to get it. I probably couldn't have taken it from her anyway, because she really loves her iPhone.I think it's an extension of her hand lol!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

welcome to WPCentral we are glad you are here with us and like WP You are just in time for the mango update madness!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you think that was a long post, you haven't read any of mine. :) But welcome to WP7. I can tell you that it is a platform that once it hooks you, you are hooked. And that doesn't take long. You should enjoy your Samsung Focus. This forum is a great place to ask questions from software to how things work.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

Welcome to the Windows Phone Central Forums!

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
thanks everyone! I was just wondering if you anyone thinks the price of the samsung focus will drop below 200$ once the focus s is released?

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks everyone! I was just wondering if you anyone thinks the price of the samsung focus will drop below 200$ once the focus s is released?

You can buy new in-box ones on ebay and amazon already for less than $200 without a contract and sometimes already unlocked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3