So what's the first Mango thing you'll do?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well it should understand deep south redneck then, lol. My droid barely understood me.

Multitasking and posting videos to facebook are high on my list for mango.

Perhaps someone from coastal South Carolina who is speaking Gullah might have some trouble as well!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps someone from coastal South Carolina who is speaking Gullah might have some trouble as well!

Maybe so! Seems like my trophy understands voice so much better than my droid. It always aggravated me that Android is supposed to have such great voice to text capabilities but it wouldn't understand me.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
First, I will use the app switcher. Then, I'll try out speech-to-text. Maybe I'll try making a ringtone after that. Then, I'll lick my phone, whisper sweet nothings to it, and go to sleep with it. Just like normal.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Set up Twitter - I'm bored of every WP7 twitter client being slow to update and jerky to scroll. Native Twitter should solve that, and be generally awesome.

2nd thing... try and add my 2nd Twitter account, and either be annoyed or delighted when it doesn't or does allow me to add it :)

3rd thing - App switching.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Voice command ie9 bing search multitasking and just searching to find the cool little changes in every app lol and seeing how faster mango makes everything like third party apps WebPages etc.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Multi-tasking is a disappointment, but it's better than nothing. Fast app switching on the other hand is a great feature :D

I can't imagine what kind of true multi-tasking is useful on a mobile phone anyways. Fast app switching is where it's really at. Now on a desktop PC is where you want real parallel processing. F.e., listen to music, downloading files, encoding video, etc... taking advantage of multiple CPU cores and all that memory.

Reactions: ikkf

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I plan on checking out updated diabetes tracking programs and picking one to try! I know kings boring but thats where I plan to start!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably going to add my Twitter account and play with all the new People Hub features. Then I'll be playing with Zune... trying out podcast downloading, Smart DJ and all the other new features.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I can't imagine what kind of true multi-tasking is useful on a mobile phone anyways. Fast app switching is where it's really at. Now on a desktop PC is where you want real parallel processing. F.e., listen to music, downloading files, encoding video, etc... taking advantage of multiple CPU cores and all that memory.
I'm pretty sure that was just a dig on people keep thinking of the fast app switching view as multitasking. Multitasking on WP is the background services, not the "cards."

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Bombard Joe Belfiore and Brandon Watson with worthless Twitter messages, for not having brought out Mango any sooner! LOL! This wait for Mango has been quite agonizing, and with the several rumour dates that floated around, passed by with absolutely nothing to show for, and still being left in the dark about when Mango will be arriving (Sprint HTC Arrive for me), I can't stand it!!! Not sure if Belfiore or Watson are truly the ones to directly blame, or Ballmer... but those are the only ones that come to mind that float around on Twitter. WHERE IS MY MANGO?!?!?!?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk