Live tiles, any better for you in Mango?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
On Mango since Tuesday but not seeing any improvement in live tiles, still seems intermittent, and only seem to update after opening the application. Anyone seeing better results?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well Accuweather for me got transformed into something wonderful. Finally a live tile that works like it should, displaying actual weather and not the weather for weeks ago when I opened the app.

Flixter is worse, I haven't seen a picture since I got Mango. ( Take in mind that apps need to be updated to their mango version in other to take advantage of this, is not magical )

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Didn't know updates were needed, thought the the problem was in the OS and running out of endpoints in the registry.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems fine here regarding live tiles, apart from message notifications from XBox Live, (Games tile) and the Facebook app, not getting them.

I suspect it's not tile problems with them, probably server problems.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Live Tiles has been a huge improvement. They don't get stuck and are working flawlessly in Mango. It really has made the UI seem even more impressive.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Well Accuweather for me got transformed into something wonderful. Finally a live tile that works like it should, displaying actual weather and not the weather for weeks ago when I opened the app.

I LOVE that live tile, but it doesnt update to my current location automatically so I may get rid of the app :(

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Mango improves the whole WP7 experience. What's truly impressive is how Microsoft integrated all these new features without adding a steep learning curve. It's new yet it fits like the glove you've been wearing all your life.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The problems I've had have been with the Appamundi and TV Show live tiles. I had 2 tasks that would not show up on the Appamundi tile until I went into the app, same with TV Show. The Weather channel live tile also lags behind the current conditions, have to open it sometimes then I realise its not showing the current weather.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems fine here regarding live tiles, apart from message notifications from XBox Live, (Games tile) and the Facebook app, not getting them.

I suspect it's not tile problems with them, probably server problems.

Facebook has yet to give me issues pre/post Mango.

As a whole the problematic tiles I had before work flawlessly now. I'm still curious to see what the endpoints are doing now and hopefully someone will get in there and give us a peek.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed my Me tile has stopped updating when I get notifications. It was working great before, nodo and mango. When I go to the notifications page in the Me hub, they are there. And Facebook tile messages. It just seems to be the Me tile.

If I go to the Email & Accounts page and sync Facebook manually, my Me tile updates with my messages. Not sure if its my phone or Microsoft push system or Facebook.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My me tile was working fine, now still partially knackered since Saturday. Which is pretty annoying.

Unless this is MS's masterplan - it's the OS that lets you get on with things because it tells you nothing! :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I would also like to know what's happening with the endpoints, but don't have the energy to do the whole backdoor registry access thing. At least not till they stop working.

All my live tiles, Mango beta and Mango final seem to be working fine. Having a problem with one app, but he is troubleshooting for me (isolated problem on my device). Btw, Flixter only updates once a week so don't expect too much. On some of the other apps, they need to be updated for Mango. For example, CleverToDo now updates the tile with new task counts every night at midnight as a background task. No need to talk to the server. Works perfectly. Weather Channel does appear to lag sometimes, but my guess is it's their servers and not my phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well my Me tile is working again - 35 "updates" going back 3 days, all in one go! Not *quite* sure that's how it's supposed to work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss